Discuss Small CU with RCBO "bundle" in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

Being a tad lazy but have just looked at a 4 way board change.

Seems a bit silly to install a 3 + 4 way dual RCD board and I don't like the thought of a single RCD front end either. It made me wonder if there are any CU's on the market with a RCBO "bundle", say 2 x 32A, 1 x 16A and 1 x 6A??

Thanks

Never seen them sold as a bundle anywhere.

The last RCBO boards i've done i've got the from Electrical Components Direct and fitted MK CUs from Toolstation

Never seen them sold as a bundle anywhere.

The last RCBO boards i've done i've got the from Electrical Components Direct and fitted MK CUs from Toolstation

Me too. Had to send a few RCBO's back (faulty) but no quibbles. All other ones work well. Great price. Whats your experience with them?

My local Denmans have done offfers on these before, not too sure if it is a national thing so may be worth seeing of one local to you has them in. Think they were around £100ish pound for a 5 or 6 way if I remember correctly. Was their own brand Curve though so not sure of the quality of them.

Just checked they do a 10 C/W main switch and 6 RCBOs for £77.87 plus VAT if you buy 3 or more.

EDIT they do a 5 way with 4 RCBOs for £53.56 plus VAT

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. Had to send a few RCBO's back (faulty) but no quibbles. All other ones work well. Great price. Whats your experience with them?

Never had issues with faults regards testing them but had 1 which was damaged, but swapped it no worries.

The screw terminals on them seem better quality than most of the other brands flogging domestic switch gear too.

DILB, have mine (curve) still sitting in garage as did not use it! They are great for the price and not overly bulky to be honest, great price too :)

Might try one on my next DB change then and see what they are like, I usually install Wylex but they seem to getting a little expensive at my wholsalers at the moment.

Just checked they do a 10 C/W main switch and 6 RCBOs for £77.87 plus VAT if you buy 3 or more.

That's a good price for a CU case, DP isolator, and 4 RCBO'S.... Doubt if you'll even get 2 Schneider (MG) RCBO'S for that money!! ...lol!!

Don't like the dual RCD CU's now't but a compromise. No idea why they call those CU's with unprotected ways a ''high integrity'' CU!! Can't get more high integrity than an all RCBO CU can you?? lol!!! Dam sight easier to fault find too....

My local Denmans have done offfers on these before, not too sure if it is a national thing so may be worth seeing of one local to you has them in. Think they were around £100ish pound for a 5 or 6 way if I remember correctly. Was their own brand Curve though so not sure of the quality of them.

Yep, use them. Nice room above and great for small areas on width. No problems to report from me.
Regards, Dave

I almost hope RCBO boards do become mandatory, hopefully it will bring the prices down. A wylex board with 10 RCBO's costs me over £300 plus extra install time, so £630 board change instead of £350...whos gonna go for that?

I got a cheap one for £180 with 20 RCBO's once. Tradeline was the brand. Worst mistake I ever made. The main switch melted completely and about 5 or 6 breakers failed.
Ok so they will replace em for free but Ive lost about £300 worth of labour and a bit of rep thanks to that. Eventually agreed to repalce every RCBO with contactum. Fortunately the client was more than happy to pay for the new ones (he offered, I didn't ask)

i`v seen em upclose (curve)...they dont look to bad....theres plenty of room at the top for accomodating RCBOs n all.....not the case with electrium boards (amongst others)....

Would love to see RCBOs at around £12-15 - I would fit them all day long at that price.
The split load boards are OK but take out too much during a fault.
Also customers call up and say that they have no lights..... they say they clicked the little thingy up and still nothing.
Ever tried explaining to a homeowner to click up the RCD (I try to say the bigger one with the button).
Had one once where the old lady was so confused with it that she did not want to bother anyone so sat in the dark for a few weeks until her daughter called me!!

Reply to Small CU with RCBO "bundle" in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock