Discuss Small light switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,
Today I've found a faulty 1G light switch... OK, nothing strange about that!

Problem is that it's smaller than the usual 86mm square. This one is only 68mm square and I'm damned if I can find one anywhere. Must admit, I've never come across one this size before.

Anyone any ideas please?

Cheers,
Lee

Probably the small surface Logic switch MK used to do. Came as a switch and box and was about 2/3 the size of the standard logic plateswitch.Not seen one for years

I was racking my brain trying to find one and then you mentioned them. Something like this...

1582578831474.png

They did sockets as well, similarly reduced in size... what a nightmare they were :)
[automerge]1582579337[/automerge]
This isn't a dating app you know....

swipes left

Last edited:
MK Still list the small 1 and 2 gang sockets in their catalogue in the Ancillary Products section as 2959WHI for the 2 gang and 2949WHI for the 1 gang. I couldn't find the light switches though. IIRC they did 1, 2 and 3 gang in this size.

MK Still list the small 1 and 2 gang sockets in their catalogue in the Ancillary Products section as 2959WHI for the 2 gang and 2949WHI for the 1 gang. I couldn't find the light switches though. IIRC they did 1, 2 and 3 gang in this size.

Yes! I'd forgotten about the small surface sockets! The stuff of nightmares when someone had somehow managed to cram 3 cables in.

Let’s go for an architrave switch. Even smaller.

I’d forgotten about those small form switches as well, but do recall now same size as telephone points.

Thanks all for the suggestions...
As for pictures, now left site. Didn't take pics because it looks exactly the same as a regular 1G switch. The screws are in the same relative position either side of the switch, so not the MK mini logic range.
Snowhead... bang on, that's exactly the size of the BT 2/1A master sockets.
There are however, no makings or names or any identification markings on the switch.
I've drawn a blank on half a dozen wholesalers websites.
Unfortunately the switch is fitted in a sunken plastic back box and the bit of wall is exactly the same width, so no room to swap for a conventional 1G switch!

Looks like Littlespark's suggestion of an architrave switch may be worth considering.

Weren't they sometimes used in caravans?

Are you talking tourers or statics?

In my experience, statics use regular size accessories, 86mm. But due to the thinner walls, have extension pieces to build out to the depth of a regular box.
Older ones were the same size but tend to come in a horrible tan colour.

Tourers are wired in flex generally. The sockets being the euro module size and basically clipped into decorative frame.
The lighting is 12v, and therefore can get away with any old switch... but will be fixed into a plate to match the sockets.
Same plate also for 12v aux sockets and the TV outlets

Are you talking tourers or statics?

In my experience, statics use regular size accessories, 86mm. But due to the thinner walls, have extension pieces to build out to the depth of a regular box.
Older ones were the same size but tend to come in a horrible tan colour.

Tourers are wired in flex generally. The sockets being the euro module size and basically clipped into decorative frame.
The lighting is 12v, and therefore can get away with any old switch... but will be fixed into a plate to match the sockets.
Same plate also for 12v aux sockets and the TV outlets

I'm sure years ago some of the bigger vans used the logik range. Maybe it was just my Grandad :)

Reply to Small light switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net