Discuss Smart Metering in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Matthew terry

evening all!!

I have been offered a job as a smart meter installer with SSE (swansea) starting in April.

How long are you roughly out of the house each day or is there a set amount of meters to change? And is there anyway to earn more as in overtime on weekends? Or are you expected to work weekends which is covered in your salary?

Heard a few horror story's but nobody will leave a good review if they are happy in their job so you only ever hear of bad ones! just trying to find out as much as I can before I sign the contract!

Any feedback would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Matthew

There is great resistance to the instalation of smart meters here in Australia,
Many home owners completely refuse to allow them.
I don,t know if it's different in the UK !
But I would not want to do it no matter how good the money.
Whats the publics opinion on smart meters in the UK ?

evening all!!

I have been offered a job as a smart meter installer with SSE (swansea) starting in April.

How long are you roughly out of the house each day or is there a set amount of meters to change? And is there anyway to earn more as in overtime on weekends? Or are you expected to work weekends which is covered in your salary?

Heard a few horror story's but nobody will leave a good review if they are happy in their job so you only ever hear of bad ones! just trying to find out as much as I can before I sign the contract!

Any feedback would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Matthew
Yes I still work for SSE, however am not on the smart team still doing heritage metering, they won't release me.(Not happy) So can't comment.

Reply to Smart Metering in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good day readers, if any,I am an old sparky, a very old sparky. I can remember old Faraday giving us lectures Wednesday evenings at evening...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
Hi All On the 2nd November an EON contractor attempted to fit an electricity smart meter at my address. He was unable to do so because the...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
This is an issue that is starting to get more of a ball ache for me, when theres a smart meter installed without an isolator and I really need to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock