Discuss Smc commodore twin pump in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all
I have the misfortune of correcting someome elses work
I have two commodore pumps, one room st and one cylinder st plus a standard boiler... how do I connect them all together?
I can get everything working but have no independant control over each zone....

Its not a y plan as there arnt any valves in the system... one x two port pump is for the heating and the other one x 3 port pump does the hot water..
I've never come across this layout before

Its an existing system... I went to the property about 20 years ago and fitted a room stat im circuit... there was a 7 day programmer fitted in the hall and all commections were behind it... the guy removed the programmer and pulled all cables back into the garage and has asked me to reconnect without the programmer so both stats operate on their own....when I left after fitting the room stat everything worked independantly and now I can only get both zones working together... I need some sort of diagram to reconnect all conductors.....

You said it used to have a programmer and now it doesnt? The old mechanical randall ones used to be able to seperate i think? Could be wrong but thats the only thing thats changed?

Ah okay never thought of that! I'll see if I can find out exactly what programmer was used and go from there.... cheers for the advice! Really appreciate it

Its not a y plan as there arnt any valves in the system... one x two port pump is for the heating and the other one x 3 port pump does the hot water..
You say no valves in the system yet you mention 2 port and 3 port (terminology generally referring to valves) pumps!
not sure what you mean by 3 port pump? (Photo?)

You say no valves in the system yet you mention 2 port and 3 port (terminology generally referring to valves) pumps!
not sure what you mean by 3 port pump? (Photo?)

Smc commodore twin pump {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited:

Reply to Smc commodore twin pump in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock