Discuss Smoke Alarm in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

JackiH

-
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I apologise if this is a stupid question but I need help. Ok so yesterday I burnt the toast lol and the smoke alarm went on as it should do, my neighbour was here and said to just tap the Hush button and it will go off, so i did, and it did, for 30 seconds or so, and since then it keeps bleeping every 30 seconds or so and will not stop. I have tried to reset it but it still is the same. Any help appreciated please.

JH

Backup battery low.

Although burnt toast suggests that an ionisation detector has incorrectly been fitted either inside or directly outside the kitchen. They may be cheaper, but they're not appropriate for many areas.

Ah ok thank you I will look into that.

Ah ok thank you I will look into that.
if it's in the kitchen it should be replaced with a heat detector. if close to kitchen, an optical sensor is preferable.

Hi, the smoke alarm is in the hallway downstairs and another one on upstairs landing. But the hallway and kitchen are very small and so very near each other. The landlord has also installed the carbon monoxide alarms in the kitchen and one upstairs, plus an air conditioner in the kitchen, which wasn't on yesterday, the previous tenant switched it off and the switch is right up by the ceiling lol but I managed to climb up there now, so that we can use it by using the pull cord. I think I will have to see if one of my neighbours can bring some steps so we can check out the battery in the smoke alarm at least. I really appreciate all the replies, thank you.

Reply to Smoke Alarm in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock