Discuss Smoke and heat alarm issue in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rosco22

Hi all

Ended up at yet another partly done electrical job trying to figure out whats been done and what hasn't. I noticed the spark has not included a new circuit for smoke alarms as its a refurb + extension on a flat and thought ideally one should have been installed. Can I just take a local supply from a light and install radio link bases? As the place is nearly finished.

Advice appreciated

I never install new circuit for domestic smokes.

How many times do you see houses with batteries removed and MCB turned off????

Saw several badly burned/dead people in my other job due to this.

NEVER NEVER install domestic smokes on their own circuit!

Good shout CBw my mate who's a good spark puts both smokes on the same circuit I've always used the lighting circuit so your comments are interesting and I think your right can't have smokes isolated if there on lighting circuitcircuit

should be fine when i rewireing for the council they did want the smoke/carbon/heat on a separate circuit the tennent could just just turn it of i used to just take it in to JB as the space in the alarms can be tight sometimes with 2 3 core T+E going in them

I know this is being pedantic but;

Table 52.3
If your lighting circuit is in 1mm then, strictly speaking, you can't use it to power the detectors.

Laurie

Reply to Smoke and heat alarm issue in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am an electrical labourer currently doing my own research on Alarms to self-educate as much as I can. I would like to state the general rules I...
Replies
Views
I know this has been brought up before but as a QS for a housing association ,i have been asked my opinion on interpretation of the regulations...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Not come across this before, so would like some help, please. I went to install smokes and heat alarm (to new Scottish regs) in a fairly modern...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock