Discuss Smoke/Co alarm recommendations in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

leep82

-
Arms
Reaction score
other than aico can anyone recommend any? Im looking for mains powered with battery back up and will require a combination of smoke, heat and Co detectors. Nothing against aico have used them many times amd will do again. The customers on a current job have asked about alternatives as they dont like the look of the aico detectors particularly in there brand spanking shiny new kitchen where i need a Co detector and a heat.

From my point of view if you want combined co2 and heat then its Aico all day long, safety comes first above decorative finish in my view. Also have to keep building control happy which might over ride any other consideration about aesthetics
I did the Aico 'training' when the truck was in the wholesalers recently, and learnt some useful bits. its free so worth looking into. Coincidentally, By having my info on the Aico site, i have had 2 calls for alarms to be fitted. so worth it.
Have a look at this
Ei3028 Multi-Sensor Heat & CO Alarm - Aico - https://www.aico.co.uk/product/ei3028-multi-sensor-heat-co-alarm/

I wasnt aware that aico had a combined heat/Co anyone got any links. This would be a much better option as the other areas ( utility room, landing, hall and living room ) arnt finished to as high spec as the kitchen.

Why dont you fit a battery co alarm.? This can be screwed to the wall discretely, i think ceiling is the worst place for a co alarm as its a heavier gas than oxygen the room would be full before the co alarm is detecting the danger.

Why dont you fit a battery co alarm.? This can be screwed to the wall discretely, i think ceiling is the worst place for a co alarm as its a heavier gas than oxygen the room would be full before the co alarm is detecting the danger.
Wasnt aware of that. Ive got a useful little handbook from aico and they recommend the ceiling as opposed to a wall for mounting of Co alarms. Id still be left with having to mount a heat detector somewhere suitable on the ceiling.

i think ceiling is the worst place for a co alarm as its a heavier gas than oxygen the room would be full before the co alarm is detecting the danger.

I don't think that's right, but I don't use the 'disagree' button without reason.
Propane, Butane and natural gas piped into homes is heavier than air, and sinks to the floor... Carbon monoxide is lighter than air and rises.
The detector is there to find dangerous exhaust gasses, not the gas that is there being burned.

Why do you think chimneys rise vertically up?

If they're so worried about what it looks like why don't they put the heat detector in a cupboard then they can just open the cupboard when they're planning to have a fire :rolleyes:

Looking through google images of smoke detectors I reckon the new Aico range are the best-looking of the bunch, not that looks should be any kind of consideration when choosing something which is there to save lives.

As i mentioned go on the aico website and find the area sales person for your location, go spend an hour with them and get all the useful books and watch the training video, will more than pay for itself with what you learn. i am glad i did it.

Looks like i’ll be sticking with aico. I wasnt aware the multi sensor heat and Co was available, and having two seperate devices would have looked awful.

As i mentioned go on the aico website and find the area sales person for your location, go spend an hour with them and get all the useful books and watch the training video, will more than pay for itself with what you learn. i am glad i did it.
Sat in on one of these a few months ago at a local training provider. Got some good info, i seem to remember at the time the combined detector wasnt available

Reply to Smoke/Co alarm recommendations in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock