Discuss snagged phase in steel trunking in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

hi mate the question was just in theory, if i had singles in steel trunking for lighting and the lidding snagged one of the cores and went down to earth on what test will i be able to find this fault (and would it trip the breaker straight away) thanks

It should trip the breaker straight away, providing the trunking is correctly bonded. If not, then the trunking would be at mains potential. You would find the fault with IR or continuity tester.

Reply to snagged phase in steel trunking in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Is anyone aware of any galv trunking that is smaller than 50x50. I'm drawing a blank online. I've taken over a job that's used 16mm twin and earth...
Replies
Views
BIG place OK lots of electrical bits. but one on a 3 phase Radial is tripping its RCCB so i check the wiring making sure its tight and it has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi There Just a quick one, I'm wondering what's everyone's thoughts on this are. A subby has clipped a cable to a plaster board ceiling using 3m...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock