Discuss Snickers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D Skelton

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new pair of Snickers work trousers. This afternoon I went into my local work clothes shop and saw a pair of the new Snickers XTR Craftsman work trousers and was blown away! They feel amazing, they look amazing and they seem tough as hell! They're perfect except for one thing, the price! £114 + £13 for the knee pads and a tenner for a nice new belt, essentially £140 all in!

It's a lot of dollar but my question is are they worth it? Should I splash the cash? :D

Snickers Snickers XTR - EletriciansForums.net

you can buy 4 pairs of dewalt for that and they come with a benny hat as well.

I'm using dickies GDT210 trousers (In khaki because I'm ahead of the fashion trend you see) and I'd easily recommend them. They're made of tough stuff and the knee patches are very hard wearing (had them for about 4 months and the material hasn't even faded). The knee pads are worth every penny too

Snickers are waaaay over priced in my opinion

get some nuts,or there will be pain fool grrrrrrrrrrrrr,lol,how much for work strides id want them to walk me upstairs for that,i use scruffs £35,i did see the same pair in jewsons or similar place the other day for £27 inc vat,and a nice tote toolbag with flip lid,but couldnt treat myself.

I got a pair of Scruffs and the zip has broken after a few months.

I bought a pair of snickers, £50odd and that was two years ago and they don't even look old. I've just bought another pair

I buy the Snickers 3312 trousers. You can get two pairs for the price of one of the pairs of trousers you're looking at. The Snickers gear is a bit on the expensive side but when my last two pairs of Snickers trousers saw 3 whole years of use I think it was a good investment. Comfortable too and come in enough sizes to satisfy the uber lanky to a shorty like me.

Snickers 3312 and 3212 duratwill here also tried all others either don't fit properly or break

I got my work trousers from my local workwear and PPE shop - they were about £30 a pair + kneepads - they've got enough pockets to carry the tools I need for the job in hand, without encouraging me to fill them up so much they do my back in.
They're predominately dark blue, but 2 of the 3 pairs I own are now covered in glue, sealant, paint, and other 'industry-related stains', although I'm not that fussed because they didn't cost me A HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN QUID!

Most of the snickers stuff is top notch and its all I'd use with regards to trousers. Not at £140 mind!!

There was a range that if you ripped it in anyway it would fall apart in no time. No idea of the range number, but it was the lighter version.

Waste band permitting I'd expect to get 5+ years out of 2 pairs of snickers. Knee pads a year is good. I have 4 pairs, 1 brand spanking, 1 at 2 years, 1 at 5 years and one at at least 7 years. All in great nick other than a little wear and tear.

I much prefere the snickers to other makes as i find the knee pads being just right when kneeing, perhaps i have funny legs but all the others ride up so most of the pad no where near where it should be.

Come to think of it, yes i have funny legs :)

Reply to Snickers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock