Discuss So, Do Electricians Have Top Of The Range Consumer Units And RCBO's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Heck no ,

still have the plastic proteus split load board that came with our current house

haven’t touched it since we moved in 5 years ago , other than to reset the rcd a few times when for some reason the new over trips it on occasion

house was rewired c. 1990 (before my time here) all the VIR cables replaced and new accessories. being Polish, they had no concept of RFCs so 2 socket radials went into the same 30A fuse. in the old DB from 1956. during the process of adding more sockets, downlights, etc., i have put the radials on separate 20A MCBs, inside a plastic BG dual RCD board mounted sideeways the save demolishing a supporting wall ( was before 2018 ), with the garage sub fed from a non-RCD MCB as we have 3 freezers in there.

Why did you bring the earth cable out the trunking via a stuffing gland ...?

couodnt you have simply taken into the board with the other cables ...?
Water bond from the far end of the house, I just like having a MET outside the DB, adds a little colour to an otherwise drab part of the house.

Reply to So, Do Electricians Have Top Of The Range Consumer Units And RCBO's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi got a 8 panel solar system on bungalow, changing the board to 18th edition spd board Solar feed is chased into wall so will this need a type B...
Replies
Views
Evening all . Just a quick question what do you guys typically charge for an rcbo spd consumer unit change 14 way . 10/11 rcbos few spare ways ...
Replies
Views
I wondered if it is OK to have 2 x Main Switches in the same consumer unit. One feeding the RCBOs in the House and one feeding the CU in a garage...
Replies
Views
I am planning to go semi off grid with a victron and battery system. The system will be installed in an out building about 20 meters away from...
Replies
Views
Hello all.. I'm quoting for some work and would like change the type AC RCBO to a type A. Consumer unit is a castlec which I have not come...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock