Discuss So has anyone tried the 'The Last of Us II' on PS4 (Caution may contain plot spoilers in comments)!! in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
With a lot of supposed backlash which I feel is somewhat a deliberate rating bashing by gaming critics, what do you think of it? I actually overall enjoyed it and my only critique is the cutscenes are too many and too long and the fact you cannot skip them even after completing the game.

Not tried 2 yet @darkwood but my teenage daughters have just downloaded the first one for us to play and so far enjoying it so looks like 2 will be coming shortly!

yeah played it the day it came out, agree overall a good game, I now hate Naughty dog for the obvious reason which I won't say what it is but if you've played it then you know.
Agree far too many cutscenes, the guitar ones drove me mad.
I think they did it all wrong though, for me it should have been about Ellie and Joel and then maybe a spin off story about Abby the bitch and her crew.
Finally why did Abby get the crossbow and not Ellie.??
My favourite recent game is Days gone, motor bikes a crossbow and zombies in open world, whats not to like.

Have another go, a update allows you to spend experience points for a whole manner of cheats like infinite ammo etc I am doing it again with various beneficial tweaks :)

I now possess a Samsung QELED55Q95T tv with 2.1 HDMI for the next gen PS5 and I just moved from a 15yr old plasma - the graphics in HDR are amazing, it makes all my games look brand new :)

Last edited:
yeah played it the day it came out, agree overall a good game, I now hate Naughty dog for the obvious reason which I won't say what it is but if you've played it then you know.
Agree far too many cutscenes, the guitar ones drove me mad.
I think they did it all wrong though, for me it should have been about Ellie and Joel and then maybe a spin off story about Abby the bitch and her crew.
Finally why did Abby get the crossbow and not Ellie.??
My favourite recent game is Days gone, motor bikes a crossbow and zombies in open world, whats not to like.
It's ironic that in the story, if Ellie hadn't gone seeking revenge then Abby would have died on one of those crucifixion-like pillars and she could have had a good family life with the Jewish girl, sorry I forget her name and the baby.

I played it, no spoilers but the plot is a shocker but it's not made me not like it, I actually think it brings a reality to the story, not been predictable is a winner

I'm not a fan of the plot at all but I watched a play-through by some youtubers, there's no way I'm parting with cash for a game with a broken story that makes no sense. Not to mention they brutally killed the hero from the last game, I have no idea what the idiots were thinking killing off their golden goose and in such a bullsh!t way! If it had happened being over-run by zombies to save Ellie one last time I might have accepted it but "not like this... not like this..." (quote from family guy, who was probably quoting a film.)

Not every story is happy, it is reflecting on a post apocalyptic world where it portrays the brutal nature of it, you of cause have your opinion and not to buy it is also your choice but going by its sales you are in the minority as it had record sales at the time, the whole Internet outrage was the minority with the loudest voices, listening to them I was skeptical myself, having played it I then dismissed them like most have.
The main character is still very much the lead character but you kind of spoilt the game plot yourself by watching it first, experiencing it without expecting was how they intended it to be revealed, its like been told the twist to the 6th sense before you see the movie, it ruins the experience.

Not every story is happy, it is reflecting on a post apocalyptic world where it portrays the brutal nature of it, you of cause have your opinion and not to buy it is also your choice but going by its sales you are in the minority as it had record sales at the time, the whole Internet outrage was the minority with the loudest voices, listening to them I was skeptical myself, having played it I then dismissed them like most have.
The main character is still very much the lead character but you kind of spoilt the game plot yourself by watching it first, experiencing it without expecting was how they intended it to be revealed, its like been told the twist to the 6th sense before you see the movie, it ruins the experience.
When Bruce Williis was dead at the end of 6th sense, I jizzed in my pants!
(That Lonely Island song genuinely informed me of that, never saw the film)

I watched various reviews and it's largely acknowledged that the story was a mess, where as the first games story was rightly proclaimed as a masterpiece. Game sales don't convince me of anything except that the masses will accept any old sh!t, just look at Call Of Duty! They should expect more from a so called triple A game.

I'm onto Ghost of Tushima now anyway, glad to have found something decent.

Reply to So has anyone tried the 'The Last of Us II' on PS4 (Caution may contain plot spoilers in comments)!! in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock