Discuss So im all set up for my first install...... in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have done the c&g courses, done the manufacturers courses, registered with olev all set up to go

Got my first EV job come in, nice easy job, nice run from CU, plenty of space no surrounding isses, was going to install the pod point solo, they look the easier choice from the ones i looked at

THEN i started to go through all the paperwork sent to me by olev and whats required of me to get the grant, and pretty much thought, F$%k this for half a days works its hardly worth all the aggravation!

Ill just wait till they stop the grants and install them normally

Anybody else thought the same? or am i missing something?

And £350 is supposed to account for 75% of the supply and fit invoice amount? Really? the unit cost that on its own!, I wanted £300 for all the hassle?

Your talking about £850-1000 surely

Any one had a more positive experience?

From what I know the average car charger install is about £1100 based on the few sparks locally I speak to

I won’t be doing them until the ridiculous amount of paperwork is done away with. Hopefully the grant too. Can’t be done with providing a credit facility and hoping HMG might pay me quickly.

I won’t be doing them until the ridiculous amount of paperwork is done away with. Hopefully the grant too. Can’t be done with providing a credit facility and hoping HMG might pay me quickly.

That’s exactly my view, its all the risk and hassle is placed onto the contractor then has to wait 60 odd days for payment

Like you say we are basically funding it for the customer

What’s in it for the contractor? Might as well stick to my usual work for now and get paid on the day

seems like the slightest mistake on the reams of paperwork and the grant is rejected and then it’s my problem to try and sort out

It want be long before the govement knocked it on the head for giving monies for peaple buying batteries cars, me if you want one you why should we give you a grant. OK for the government giving away the money but is not theirs.

I'm sure @ArtElectrics can give an opinion on it given that's the sector he looks to be targeting, be interesting to see if he bothers with the grants
It’s an area that I am also interested in, but looks like I’m only going to offer the service without the grant, probably won’t be long before they pull it anyway

it seems a good step forward that the new chargers are omitting the need for earth rods now, that was a big problem that introduced more potential problems than it solved, really put me off tbh

maybe they should also add the NE disconnection monitoring devices to hot tubs too, that would make my job even more simple ?

Funnily enough, i was on the phone today with WPG about a Supercharger installation with ASHP and GSHP. So far my installs have been a mix of sending the forms to DNO to request capacity increase prior to quoting clients and designing the install, and the other extreme where the installs are very small compared to the supply size and as such done within 28 days. I do find the DNO in my areas NPG and WPG to be really helpful and so far have been quite accommodating. I dont view the DNO notification in the same way as Grants as its a simple process, is FOC and so far not had a come back or denial of service.

the grants should not be applied in the way that they are. 60 days waiting for payment is a joke. should be rearranged so that customer pays you the total cost on completion of job and then customer applies for the grant money. i'dlike to think what the civil service unions would say if their fat-arsed suit boys had their salaries delayed by 2 months.

maybe they should also add the NE disconnection monitoring devices to hot tubs too, that would make my job even more simple ?
The manner that TNC-S has being installed by the DNO, s in almost all countries has being a festering boil waiting to burst in my view. EV, s and hot tubs have simply added to the ever growing list of metalwork outside the home that is crying out for open PEN monitoring protection

the grants should not be applied in the way that they are. 60 days waiting for payment is a joke. should be rearranged so that customer pays you the total cost on completion of job and then customer applies for the grant money. i'dlike to think what the civil service unions would say if their fat-arsed suit boys had their salaries delayed by 2 months.
Agreed. It should be like the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) grants. Customer applies after installation complete and paid for and just needs to provide details of the installation certificate provided by the installer.

I have done the c&g courses, done the manufacturers courses, registered with olev all set up to go

Got my first EV job come in, nice easy job, nice run from CU, plenty of space no surrounding isses, was going to install the pod point solo, they look the easier choice from the ones i looked at

THEN i started to go through all the paperwork sent to me by olev and whats required of me to get the grant, and pretty much thought, F$%k this for half a days works its hardly worth all the aggravation!

Ill just wait till they stop the grants and install them normally

Anybody else thought the same? or am i missing something?

And £350 is supposed to account for 75% of the supply and fit invoice amount? Really? the unit cost that on its own!, I wanted £300 for all the hassle?

Your talking about £850-1000 surely

Any one had a more positive experience?
completely agree..

I was told on my course that the paperwork for the grant is now the customers responsibility.

You should get paid by the customer and they chase Uncle Boris for their £350.

Reply to So im all set up for my first install...... in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock