Discuss so ive just done the plumbing side of a shower... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

elsparko

is it possible for a mixer tap to be plumbed incorrectly? i turned it to "cold" and it "emptied the system" after closing what i assumed to be the stop cock into the property

popped the shower valve off and i get hit with mains pressure water :coldsweat: now i REALLY have to find the stop cock lol

luckily i managed to contain the jet inside the shower screen and tray, but even that began overflowing, did eventually find the stopcock buried at the back of a cupboard under about a decade worth of hoarding

glad the tenant wasnt home, managed to get the floor dried up and you would never know how close to disaster they came, all they will see is their new working shower and think "ooooh what a professional job"

idiot.jpg

Fixed.......

No. I definitely meant a plumber.
I have no problems with elsparko's electrical experience, whatever his profile picture may suggest. Its his H2O management I was referring to.

I've done few shower swaps and not had much issues. Mostly come off the cold feed at the bath. That's a good one to check.
Good ones come with a ball valve on the pipe. Nice and easy.
One was top floor on a block of flats. Stop cock under kitchen sink turned off everything except the shower. Had a crawl through the attic and found the main service water main. There was an isolating valve for each flat there, and a T off the main for the shower just after the isolator.

To call yourself a plumber you either need a "crack" and know how to unblock an airlock in a gravity fed system, I have one of those.......

well i certainly learned my lesson today , i volunteered myself for the job after watching the plumber do it thought id save the boss a bit of scratch lol

everydays a schoolday

Lol a 6 year old Range Rover at £8k is £8k for a reason as they are money pits when they go wrong they go wrong big time, the turbo version is worse as its a body off job to replace the turbo.

706375d4bfe0fc82ff7db3241b1d08ad--electrician-humor-plumbing-humor.jpg
I was think of you ,lol.

Reply to so ive just done the plumbing side of a shower... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock