Discuss So thats why the economy is failing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Treasury minister David Guake reckons the reason the treasuary is broke is because all us self employed tradesmen are contributing to the black economy
by taking "cash in hand" for work done, he reckons we are all at the fiddle and do not fully declare our earnings and the customer is "morally wrong" in paying cash, what a complete idiot no mention of the MP's who instead of contributing to the running of the country lined their pockets with bogus expenses claims, etc etc good God are these people really running the country.
Pict

Completely agree! Thought exactly the same myself and couldn't believe what I was hearing... And seeing the David Guake on BBC News this morning being asked about it by the presenter 'So you've never paid cash for a job done...?', David hesitated and did the political spin response 'I have never asked a tradesman to do a job cash in hand' (was very careful not to say he's never had jobs done for cash though!!) Jokers, the lot of them lol

Do as we say...don't do as we do...

Treasury minister David Guake reckons the reason the treasuary is broke is because all us self employed tradesmen are contributing to the black economy
by taking "cash in hand" for work done, he reckons we are all at the fiddle and do not fully declare our earnings and the customer is "morally wrong" in paying cash, what a complete idiot no mention of the MP's who instead of contributing to the running of the country lined their pockets with bogus expenses claims, etc etc good God are these people really running the country.
Pict
They call it cheating the government out of money,have you not heard of the eleventh commandment? THOU SHALT NOT CHEAT,AS THE GOVERNMENT HATES COMPETITION! :wink5:

i see nothing wrong with the odd cash job, in these times everybody needs a bit of cash and an essential job done a bit cheaper, think about it, a qualifed spark doing a job 50 quid cheaper or mr DIY doing it himself because he cannot afford the spark? i know which one id prefer! and for the record im a legal non british tax payer on an NT tax code and only spend 10 weeks a year in the UK, but the work i do is payed for by the taxpayer and by christ civil servants can waste money!!! you give them 1 million quid to do a task they will spend 3 million deciding how to spend the first million, then do the job 5 million over budget then spend another million deciding where it all went wrong! THIS IS WHERE YOUR TAX GOES! so sod em and keep on doing the saturday cash jobs!

That the Governments policy isn't it??? Do as I say not as I do!!!
He should be more concerned about hiding the profits he's making from his second home we're all buying him in London!
And giving some thought to what he will order for lunch from the tax payer subsidised restaurant in Westminster, lobster maybe?
What about all those huge companies avoiding millions in tax? No pick on the little man. Isn't it about time the people rise up and over throw this government??? I'm in!!!

How can a county get to the point, in the good times, when it needs to borrow money to maintain spending PLUS rely on "off balance sheet" PFI deals too - yes you've guessed it, under the watchful eye of one "prudent" Gordon Brown.

Back to the OP - what's holding this country back now is the constant negative reporting by all the media.

Now that electricians are this years HMRC target and registered tax paying ones the main priority

I have this dilemma about where is the best offshore tax haven to hide my millions
I'm also sure most of us think long and hard about avoiding the high earners tax rate that is crippling us

With my moral hat on,I have to conclude that Mrs Jones's kitchen double socket that I installed for pound coins, will eventually bring this country down

Us electricians are a greedy corrupt careless bunch, wouldn't you say

Pict
Whilst with the other hand (or should that be face) MPs have recommended liberalising gambling laws allowing Betting shops to have more than four slot machines per store, with a maximum stake of £100 and a maximum payout of £500. So, it's alright for the government to milk the cash economy via betting tax.

BBC News - Laws on gambling outdated, say MPs

So why can't they turn their attention to people like ex PM Tony Blair.

Not only does he avoid income tax by using a "jimmy carr" type scheme, he also claims in excess of £100K from the public purse as "allowances".

I bet he doesn't pay 50% tax on earnings or any where near them.

Ah yes, the cash in hand hypocrisy. No, not the governments or HMRC’s, tradesmen and the public’s.

Everyone moans about 'cowboys' with no insurance and not having the right memberships as they're not doing it properly. Then they fiddle a bit of tax but that's OK. People whine like an old gearbox about 'the rich' fiddling tax, but when they do it that's fine because "it's only a few quid".

You can't have it both ways I'm afraid. Either you work by the book and have the moral high ground over those who don't. Or you fiddle a few quid and stop moaning because you aren't good enough to get away with as much.

"Oh but that's not fair! The big boys do it and you don't tell them off!"

"It's not the same; I only steal a little bit."

Part of the problem is this: the multi million quid dodgers that get away with it are able to get away with it because they can afford the creative accountants, legal representation and make bargains when caught that still save them millions...

Where as the usual self employed person can't afford that level of protection which makes them an easy target. Historically the HMRC have attempted to bust the big boys but end up with little to show for their attempts then switch back to catching the small timers in larger quantities. Then go round in circles and go from one to the other. This all comes from my father who worked for the HMRC for years and has since retired. And he'd never object to someone offering a discount for cash (in fact he always encourages me to find additional forms of income... As long as they are preferably legal).

Reply to So thats why the economy is failing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock