• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss So what's this all about in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Starjack

Dont hate my success, strive to match it.
Electrician's Arms
Respected member and forum mentor, I just wondered what each one was and what the difference is.
And can I have one of each.
I've also seen some that say electricians arms, what's that about and can I have one of them as well.

SparkyChick

Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla
Staff member
Forum mentors are members who have applied to provide help to trainees. There is a trainee only section where trainees can ask questions, the mentors have access to that area to provide that assistance.

Respected member is a badge that is gifted to members the staff think represent the best the forum has to offer in terms of the help they've given to others over the years. Being a member for a few days almost certainly guarantees you won't be getting one of those any time soon.

As for The Electricians Arms, it's a private area of the forums for those in the electrical trade to discuss things like pricing, problem customers etc. There are some entry requirements.

All badges/access are at the staff discretion and can be removed at any time.

Hope that helps.

Spoon

Forum Mentor
Respected member and forum mentor, I just wondered what each one was and what the difference is.
I've also seen some that say electricians arms, what's that about and can I have one of them as well.
Hi mate. Usually something that is earned after time and the quality of posts.

Rpa07

4000 posts - only 54195 behind Telectrix!
Electrician's Arms
You can have anything you want - you just got to ask nicely and that why half of us don’t have it!

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
you need to earn your way here ,dont until speak until spoken too .;)I was in the arms ,but kicked out because I was drunk at the bar ,I'm trying to stay sober for to get back in .:D

Rpa07

Electrician's Arms
All the best with that Buzz - I’ll be your sponsor if you like!
Nice selfie on your avatar by the way!
you need to earn your way here ,dont until speak until spoken too .;)I was in the arms ,but kicked out because I was drunk at the bar ,I'm trying to stay sober for to get back in .:D

Starjack

Electrician's Arms
Hi mate. Usually something that is earned after time and the quality of posts.
So I'm definitely a contender then.
Cheers snoop.

Starjack

Electrician's Arms
So have any members got all 3 badges, they must be proud if they have.
Oh Buzz you've not got any, go away and write
I must try harder 200 times.

Pete999

Forum Mentor
So have any members got all 3 badges, they must be proud if they have.
Oh Buzz you've not got any, go away and write
I must try harder 200 times.
Best watch out Mods

Rpa07

Electrician's Arms
B895CAE3-BBAC-46C9-9E69-77C54305A74A.jpeg
Buzz tried but kept getting his ‘pinkie’ caught between the Q and the W! He was so mad he didn’t play on his tyre all day!

Starjack

Electrician's Arms
Not sure how I feel having my serious thread turned into a joke :rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::oops:

Rpa07

Electrician's Arms
Welcome to the forum Starjack - enjoy the banter!

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.