Discuss So who’s done their 2396? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Done it, hardest written exam I’ve ever done. It has greatly improved my understanding of the regs how to apply them to designs.

I have done it. Very much enjoyed the course. I did it on evening sessions rather than an intensive 5 day job which probably added to the positive experience I had with it.
It hasn't enhanced my career considerably as I am self employed, but certainly enhanced my personal understanding of cable design.

Something I'd be looking at in the not too distant future, quite a full on coursework/assignment as well is it not?

Done it, hardest written exam I’ve ever done. It has greatly improved my understanding of the regs how to apply them to designs.
Yeah I’ve been told it’s fairly difficult. That’s what I’m hoping for in terms of giving me a deeper understanding of the regs and a generally better understanding of the process involved during designing as this is ultimately the direction I want to go in

Yeah I’ve been told it’s fairly difficult. That’s what I’m hoping for in terms of giving me a deeper understanding of the regs and a generally better understanding of the process involved during designing as this is ultimately the direction I want to go in

Depending on where you want to be a HNC/HND may be a better option. The 2396 is really just the application of the design calcs every electrician gets taught to entire installations instead of single circuits.

Don’t know that that this qualification will give you a better understanding of the Wiring Regulations?

It gave me a better understanding of the design requirements/advice, mostly the appendices, but not of the regs as a whole.

I have looked into the he hnc/hnd quals but from what i can gather it’s 2-3 years university? Unless you know otherwise and have any tips?

I don't I'm afraid, but I think those timescales are right. It's not something I have done, but have heard that the 2396 is not a very useful or progressive course if higher education is your ultimate aim.

Quite a good course if you are not going to though.

I don't I'm afraid, but I think those timescales are right. It's not something I have done, but have heard that the 2396 is not a very useful or progressive course if higher education is your ultimate aim.

Quite a good course if you are not going to though.
It is something I would like to do and would probably thoroughly enjoy but I’m not sure I’ve got the time for that. I would never see my kids and I don’t see them as much as I’d like to now. It’s not the cheapest of courses either. Your looking all in a good 10-15 grand depending on how far you go. Think I’ll have to settle for the 2396 and then a course in autocad and revit.

It is something I would like to do and would probably thoroughly enjoy but I’m not sure I’ve got the time for that. I would never see my kids and I don’t see them as much as I’d like to now. It’s not the cheapest of courses either. Your looking all in a good 10-15 grand depending on how far you go. Think I’ll have to settle for the 2396 and then a course in autocad and revit.

In that case I would thoroughly recommend the 2396 as a rewarding experience.

Reply to So who’s done their 2396? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock