Discuss Socket and FCU spurred from ring.. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

whazza22

Hi all

I am changing a consumer unit and noticed that a FCU for the boiler and a double socket have been spurred from the same socket.

As its was previously installed by someone else, do I record it as a recommendation?

Not too keen on leaving it, although its been there years. Just more expense for customer.

Thanks

While it obviously doesnt comply the boiler load is minimal and if it's unlikely that the socket is going to get two 13a loads at the same time there's not much chance of it being a major concern.

as above posts. obviously the insomniacs have beaten me to it.

Reply to Socket and FCU spurred from ring.. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Grateful if someone could offer some advise, I'm struggling to find a definitive answer to this. I have a double socket, it was on the ring main...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, newbie posting! Does the following sound ok... Existing circuit: SOCKET on a ring -> spur to SWITCHED 3A FCU -> SWITCH -> hardwired FAN...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, We had an electrician over, who fitted a 40a MCB in the house consumer unit to supply a new build garage. It's underground SWA...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My mother wants a double socket adding next to a desk, behind the desk there is a 10mm (i dont know the MCB in the Consumer Unit) which...
Replies
Views
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I just want to confirm: Currently I have a spur leaving a socket in the bedroom, into a 13A Switched...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock