Discuss socket and see part p kit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

robbalaar86

Ok guys I've been offered a socket and see part p kit for 150 quid I need it to gain registration to stroma are they useful or not worth it? Appreciate your thoughts

Kind of mate it's a set though PDRC 380 Rcd tester

PDL 300 Loop tester

DIT 400 Insulation continuity tester
Just wondered if they were any good

These are issued to BG guys were they either get a red fail or green pass led for a Ze but me thinks you need a tester that gives you a reading I think Metrel does a budget tester

Look at the site sponsor you can get a Metrel multi tester for £335 plus vat and dont get caught up with brand names because like Trigger says "Look after your broom.................."

The only thing is money is tight but I will do a bit more research into what's best for my pocket and career. Cheers for the help mate

Listen this is not a lecture here but being stingy on your tester will only cause you grief down the road if you can spend £400 on a new I phone then get a decent tester if not then your approach to this trade will not benefit you

I appreciate any advice mate especially if a slap round the face is needed I'm not one for expensive phones I have a contract that's the only reason I have an iphone. I am looking at a megger mft 1552 now second hand but 12 month calibration cert with it. Cheers for the advice

I appreciate any advice mate especially if a slap round the face is needed I'm not one for expensive phones I have a contract that's the only reason I have an iphone. I am looking at a megger mft 1552 now second hand but 12 month calibration cert with it. Cheers for the advice

best tester ever made IMO.dead esy to use. how much is it?

£250 and calibrated. snap his hand off. only thing i don't like about the megger is the case. mine's been transferred to a flight case with plenty of space for leads etc.

£250 and calibrated. snap his hand off. only thing i don't like about the megger is the case. mine's been transferred to a flight case with plenty of space for leads etc.

Yep the case is pants thats why I carry my Megger 1553 around in a Fluke carry case cost me £28 and worth every penny told the Megger rep but he did not get it as for the old megger case its free to anyone who pays the postage

i use my old megger case for my smaller test gear.

i use my old megger case for my smaller test gear.

I refuse to use it as it bangs against my leg as I go upstairs plus the Fluke case looks and is the biz as you can store all of your lead without having to tuck them in unlike the Megger box it also holds a lot of my nick knacks leads etc plus you can use it as a seat at the CU and its good to carry.

Still Megger rep not happy that I have a 1553 in a bright yellow Fluke case with FLUKE emblazed on both sides lol

Sorry mate that wont wash I just got my I phone because of the contract My phone contract was £22 a month and a new phone every 2-3 years I got the same deal but no new phone for £11 a month so that I can have a very nice Megger 1553 that allows me to do my job professionally . Remember its all about self discapline if you want to make a living out of this your priorities are towards the business yes its nice to have gadgets but an I phone wont give you a Ze reading anytime soon

Reply to socket and see part p kit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net