Discuss socket distance from windows in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electtt

sorry i know i should know this but what is the minimum distance you can place a socket from a window or door on job at moment dont have regs with me thanks any quick replys would be greatly appreciated.

you sure tought there was in case af fault due to window frame carrying current? only so nervouse cos this job needs to be reci certed in ire

true im pulling cable at mo hope i dont have egg on my face at end :) thanks for help its just as i mentioned im in ireland at the oment and there regs are allot more strick than in eng

Hi electtt, There is no minimum distance specified in the Wiring Regulations, OSG or EGBR. However, the female of the species generally like their curtains to overlap the window reveal by at least 50mm each side, so I think 100mm to be the practical working minimum to allow for additional curtain pull-cords and/or tie-backs if required.

no matter where you fit the sockets, a woman will manage to nail the tie backs exactly into the cable.

Reply to socket distance from windows in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I've come to this forum as I believe the advice im looking for is much more specific and after posting on all the E36 forums its clear...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows whether there is such a thing as a distance learning version of the level 3 (C&G or EAL) Electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi There Just a quick one, I'm wondering what's everyone's thoughts on this are. A subby has clipped a cable to a plaster board ceiling using 3m...
Replies
Views
Hi. We are planning a loft conversion and I want to arrange the velux roof windows so that I maximise the space available to install solar panels...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock