Discuss Socket outlet in a toilet? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

omega

Hi all, just wondered if there is any specific guidance in the regs with relation to socket outlets in toilets?
Just in the process of doing a full rewire and the client has requested a socket in an outside toilet, ( new one on me and god knows what they want it for but hey, who am i to pry! ) No bath or shower, just the toilet. Any advice much appreciated guys and gals.

yeah, was intending to anyway but just wondered if there was any specific regs IE bathrooms and zones etc?

yeah just a toilet.

In a bathroom it has to be 3 metres from zone 1, no matter what ip rating it has, just wondered if the same applied here but haven't seen anything where it's just a toilet

Hey guys im new here lol,

for what i know you can install it thats fine as long as it's not close to a water outlet. (Within 1.2meters of a water outlet.)

Yeah you mite aswell, just incase someone decides to urinate on it. But within the regs You dont need to fella, good practice shall we say?

Yeah you mite aswell, just incase someone decides to urinate on it. But within the regs You dont need to fella, good practice shall we say?

It's not just good practice. The regs ask that all equipment in a system to be suitable for the environment and possible outside influences as assessed by the designer.

Fit the socket anywhere you want why does it have to be weather proof. Crickey is he that old you think he may **** on it as a way out ;-().

You may as well fit weather proof through out his home with that logic

Cheers for that farmelectrics, much appreciated. As for the other comment, I thought this site was intended for everyone to learn from each other, obviously some people just know it all though don't they?

.... obviously some people just know it all though don't they?

Take it on the chin, its all part of the banter! But at the end of the day pick yourself up and dust yourself down, you will get some good input/suggestions/recommendations making it all worth while :):):) (once you've waded thro' some of the other useless cr*p which I know Im guilty of posting from time to time to!!)

As they say, the only stupid question is the one not asked ......

Reply to Socket outlet in a toilet? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock