Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Socket outlets under bath. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi, have to wire up one of those whirlpool baths for a client. It comes with a 13amp plug and with reading the new rags I am taking it as that i can put an outlet or fcu under the bath, since its only accessible with a tool. Is this correct???

The whole board will be RCD protected btw. Or shall I run a radial up the other side of the wall to the bathroom, and connect the bath through the wall to an FCu. Help appreciated as always.

Thats regs! sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, that's fine. As long as all equipotential bonding is in place and the circuit is RCD protected then that is fine.

Y

YTSOxford

Thanks cirrus, so a fcu under the bath is fine.

I have only main protective equipotential bonding in place. Are you lot still supplementary bonding?? The motor to the whirlpool does however have a fly earth, i would imagine that that should be supplementary bonded?

R

ridleyelec

Under the bath is zone zero if a tool is required to access it. If RCD protected supplementary bonding is not required

Y

YTSOxford

Thanks guys, it will all be RCD protected since its having a new board installed.

S

Shakey

Under the bath is zone zero if a tool is required to access it. If RCD protected supplementary bonding is not required

erm.....no it isnt

if a tool is required to access then its OUTSIDE the zones, regardless of 16th or 17th

Zone zero is IN the bath!!!;)

R

ridleyelec

That's what I mean't - too much red wine.............

S

Shakey

Hmm, how's the head???:)
dont know about 'is 'ed, but mine is banging

i was doing allright, then my nipper came in about 11ish with his mate, woke up this morning, the fridge is empty of 'bow, the spicey rum is gone, the single malt is gone, and that bottle of 80% proof rum from somewhere overseas is looking a lilltle sorry for itself

she was REALLY impressed:eek:

C

Cirrus

If all that had gone in my house then my nipper would have 'gone' too!;)

Scolmore Electrical Products

Reply to Socket outlets under bath. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom