Discuss Socket Protection Behind Cooker in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kevin

On two occasions in the past week, we have come across a situation at work where the fitters delivering new gas cookers have refused to fit them, stating that the socket situated behind the cooker for the gas ignition/clock contravenes their regulations as it requires a metal plate over it to protect it from the heat of the oven. Having spoken to my supervisor, plus two gas fitters none of them have heard of this regualtion.

Is this something I have missed, has anyone got a clue what they are on about?

Cheers

On two occasions in the past week, we have come across a situation at work where the fitters delivering new gas cookers have refused to fit them, stating that the socket situated behind the cooker for the gas ignition/clock contravenes their regulations as it requires a metal plate over it to protect it from the heat of the oven. Having spoken to my supervisor, plus two gas fitters none of them have heard of this regualtion.

Is this something I have missed, has anyone got a clue what they are on about?

Cheers
Never heard of that before mate, i doubt a metal plate would provide much protection against heat anyway, besides i did'nt think ovens got that hot on the outside surely thats the whole purpose of an oven is to keep the heat in;)

My thoughts on this would be show me/direct me to the chapter and verse, for this information.They probably interpreted it incorrectly too. :)

I love people who just say its contravenes a regulation and dont know where it is!! :eek:

Sounds like they have had the Curry`s or Comet deliverymen in, even though one of them is Corgi trained they just cant be bothered, all they want to do is get all the drops done and get home cos they are on job and knock. I know because my mate does this for Curry`s. They then tell them to ring up to get a refund for the delivery and installation charge, and get someone local to connect it.l

Cheers..............Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny you should say that, in both cases they were from Comet!!! I haven't spoken to them myself, this is feedback we are receiving from tenants. At the last job, the delivery guys refused to fit it, and even took the connection hose away with them! Comet are now refusing to give her the hose or refund the installsation fee!

Reply to Socket Protection Behind Cooker in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net