Discuss Socket type in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

richy3333

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi.
Please could someone tell me what sort of socket this is? Customer has purchased a 'chop saw' and says this is attached to the end of the cable.

Many thanks
IMG_1261.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG

url

It's a bit blurry, or it's my eyes but it looks like the old schuko german socket, is the chop saw european?

Tell your mate to check voltage frequency and configuration before thinking about plugging in it looks like a shoko socket part of inline connector the appliance should have plug end on it

It is a Shuko Socket, used in Europe and particularly in Spain, That looks like a rubber clad female socket and as you probably know should not be attached to the Appliance, the mate (male plug) to it is freely available, but maybe not in the UK.

Yep got that plug on a few of my machines. Attached to the other end is a 16A plug. That end you show plugs into the machine in question. That is the female end, and the machine will be the male end.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for clarifying the socket type. I've spoken to the suppliers of the saw and it is fine for UK use - 230V and 50hz etc. The saw will be kept indoors and wheeled outside for use. Presumably there is no reason why I can't replace the male plug - I was going to fit a commando socket and plug unit?

Reply to Socket type in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone just looking for some advice before buying stuff not planning on carrying out this work myself will get someone who knows what their...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I'm relatively new to the trade and have just moved house. Looking to rewire and was looking at a few things, could someone tell me...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just recently moved into a renovated house in the UK where a desk is quite high, so the plug socket above it has had to be put in upside...
Replies
Views
Hi, can someone please advise on where if anywhere I may acquire an adapter to duct out this old Elica cooker hood. The hole is 150mm x 90mm and I...
Replies
Views
Since the deco needs doing to this property. My sister needs the TV putting on thr wall but wants the cables hiding. What will be the best way...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock