Discuss Sockets FFl ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Guys I was given the finish floor level for brackets for tray at 2425 and took 1000mm off and installed at 1425 just want to know if in apartment you are given Ffl do you hold your tape on the metre mark and mark down 450mm and that were the bottom of the socket is ?? Thanks

Hi Guys I was given the finish floor level for brackets for tray at 2425 and took 1000mm off and installed at 1425 just want to know if in apartment you are given Ffl do you hold your tape on the metre mark and mark down 450mm and that were the bottom of the socket is ?? Thanks
What's the problem if you are given the FFL, a straight forward job I think.

read it twice and still no comprehende amigo. why take off 1000mm and what has tray got to do with bottoms of sockets?

read it twice and still no comprehende amigo. why take off 1000mm and what has tray got to do with bottoms of sockets? Think the OP is on about Ceiling Height???? Amigo
If you want a socket at a height that’s 450mm then find out where finished floor level is then measure 450mm :hushed:
Not difficult is it?

Don't worry, they'll be an App for that.

If it's any help I(we) always used to put the bottom of the box at 54", in the long and distant pre decimal era.

I though in a room were it says ffl 1m grid reference so what ever measurement on the drawing you take 1000 mm off is that wrong
[automerge]1579465380[/automerge]
Just saw a spark put a laser on the ffl put his measuring tape at the metre mark and mark 450mm on that correct

I'm puzzled by the arithmetic...
but I have just finished a rather good Sunday dinner (cooked by me!).
If you measure up a metre from FFL, then go down 450mm, does that not give you a mark that is 550mm above FFL?
Why not just measure 450mm above FFL?

So if your given ffl you just put your tape on the 1metre mark and mark down 450
I though in a room were it says ffl 1m grid reference so what ever measurement on the drawing you take 1000 mm off is that wrong
[automerge]1579465380[/automerge]
Just saw a spark put a laser on the ffl put his measuring tape at the metre mark and mark 450mm on that correct
Find the FFL make a witness rod out of some scrap timber, mark the measurements you need hold bottom of rod on FFL and make a mark on the wall wherever the bottom of the socket, switch needs to be , simple solution to getting your tape out every 5 mins or so. PS don't leave the rod lying about otherwise some numpty will nail it to the wall.

If you have been given a reference line/mark which is stated to be 1000mm above FFL then yes you would measure from that to get your required heights.
The bottom of sockets would be 550 below that if they are to be 450 above finished floor.

Further to the above you need to remember that the specified 450mm is to the bottom of the accessory, not the bottom of the box it is mounted on.
Most flush boxes are smaller than the accessory plate so need to be mounted a little higher than 450 for strict compliance.

Obviously this would only be a problem if the building inspector is a complete and utter jobsworth.

Reply to Sockets FFl ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock