Discuss Sockets tripping CU in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

blackbirdxx

Hi,

My kitchen sockets keep tripping at the consumer unit, not immediately but after 20 minutes or so. The kitchen appliances plugged into this circuit comprise the fridge/freezer, kettle, dishwasher, washing machine and a portable TV. I have discovered that this circuit also includes a socket in the adjoining room which appears dead although it used to always work. Can anyone advise me of the next stage of what to do and what to check for. As I have eliminated each appliance by unplugging one by one, is it likely to be the dead socket that is causing the problem and needs replacing. Otherwise, I guess, it’s a matter of getting an electrician in to do an IR test etc.

Any help appreciated, many thanks in advance….

I think you have answered your own question...if you have eliminated appliances as the cause then the next stage is an IR test by an electrician. By the way what is tripping? An MCB or an RCD?

think OP has tripped. as in foxtrot oscared

Thanks for the help Wirepuller. If it helps its a MCB that's tripping.

ifi it's tripping with nothing plugged in, then you either have an intermittent fault on the circuit, or the MCB itself is faulty. either way, it's time to call an electrician.

Reply to Sockets tripping CU in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I moved home a few months ago and the electrics RCD keep tripping. Sometimes it will happen every few days and sometimes will be fine for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. So I'm designing my new kitchen and trying to plan where things will go. I currently have a 6 switch panel for the appliances (hob...
Replies
Views
Currently planning a new rewire for my kitchen and want to get things right first time when it comes to appliances consumptions and circuits...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Have an issue i'd love some advice on if anyone would be so kind. Will try to be brief. Thank you!! So, have an intermittent RCD trip at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock