Discuss Sockets went out in my den/bedroom no breakers tripped and no gfci found in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Some background info.. maybe you can help. I have a den that was running 600-800 watts worth of electricity and on the other side of the den is the living room in which I had another 1100 watts running. One day I plugged in a standard lamp cfl light bulb and noticed it dimming as if the current isn’t stable. Next day lost power out of the den sockets, half of the living rooms socket and my porch light(which is basically on the other side of the den). I believe that I have overloaded the circuit.. but the strange thing is that my main breaker panel has no trips.. and if it didn’t trip usually that means a GFCI could be what tripped. But this den has no GFCI outlets from what I see.. legally they wouldn’t even have to put one in. I’m stumped...

I’ve already reset the gfci in my master bedroom and kitchen. What else should I try to do??

Sounds like you may have a lose connection somewhere which has now broken down.

Reactions: DPG
Sounds like you may have a lose connection somewhere which has now broken down.
I’ll take a look at the sockets to see if the connection is okay. But what are the chances the loose connection is somewhere I can’t see?? What’s a good way to go about this?

Check what you can access first.

Reply to Sockets went out in my den/bedroom no breakers tripped and no gfci found in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’m installing a gfci outlet inline with the power that goes to my well pressure switch. The GFCI will be to power the heat tape on the well...
Replies
Views
Upfront disclosure, I am a DIY homeowner with basic knowledge of electrical safety. Here is my issue: Type GFCI Outlet- Eaton TR Installed mid to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in Houston TX and my house was built in 2000. In my attic, I had a dual socket electrical outlet. My tankless water heater was...
Replies
Views
Summary (TL;DR) Several lightbulbs in my home supplied by one circuit breaker dim over time and go out in about a year. Right now, the ceiling...
Replies
Views
Hello all! Newer house, original owner(Florida). no change to electrical system. Just found there was an outlet (GFCI) in the closet so I wanted...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock