Discuss Sola time clock bst in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It will have been made between 1968 and 1971 when the full year BST experiment took place, hence it's label and it will be calibrated for daylight times BST.

It won't need adjusting, (and wouldn't self adjust) but will read the wrong time in Winter.

They don't adjust themselves, but if it's a sangamo solar timeswitch then it mechanically adjusts its switching times to track dusk and dawn

Yes I'm aware of the solar ones Dave but I'm certain the one pictured isn't that type, Sangamo are very old school but well made and seem to go in forever.

It wouldn't have a month dial if it didn't adjust for the time of year or the latitude to which it's calibrated.

Edit;

The answer is here, don't adjust for Summer in the clip (1min 20s) but for the OP its the opposite as the dial is BST, dont adjust for Winter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0lZU0so3_4

My mistake, I didn't look at the photo properly.

Reply to Sola time clock bst in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock