Discuss Solar Cable Through Roof? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

buzzbuzz

Hi

Sorry if dumb question, but I'm looking into PV and was wondering how the DC cable gets from roof to consumer unit. Does it go through hole in tiles and is there a method of sealing, or does it go along roof tiles and in under eaves? If so, how is it attached to stop it flailing about in the wind?

Thanks

BUZZ

started a job yesterday, albeit a brand new place, but the plumbers simply cut a small hole in the felt and popped it through. Its only a few meters long so will have to route it to a partition and joint it in a blanking plate there I guess.

Hi, dont forget for MCS the interigty of the roof must not be comprimised, this means cutting felt not the best idea, or use sealant, your better of slipping the cable through a joint of felt were one overlaps the other piece. For routing through tiles some people use a lead grommet which works well, or a plastic air vent - depends on the type of roof.

Last edited:

Reply to Solar Cable Through Roof? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Recently I had solar panels fitted and realised how they have done it and I hope someone will be able to give me advice how bad and dangrous...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys/gals Directing this question at you that have transitioned already from sparky to pv insatller. I have my first pv install after getting...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I hope you can help me please. I had solar system installed nearly 2 months ago and my installer turned out to be cowboy despite having...
Replies
Views
So, I already have solar (an older FITS installation) and it's been particularly successful so I want to extend this. I'd like to do two things at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock