Discuss Solar Cache+ and Immersun - Immersion Controls in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

IronLiver

Has anyone installed one of these devices and if so do you have any feedback on performance/reliability? I have been speaking with one of the people who developed the system (Terry) and they sound an ideal solution if they work as described and are reliable.

A customer has contacted us enquiring about the Immersun device and would like us to quote for installation, however I am reluctant to order 5 of the things.

Any experience of either device would be helpful.

Thanks

Monty

If you order the Immersun Through Edmundsons, you wont need to buy 5 of them, dont know if that helps you out.

any feedback on performance/reliability?......they sound an ideal solution if they work as described and are reliable.

As a potential customer for one of these devices, I am deterred by having to pay £400 or so to be one of the first to find out. If it works: brilliant. If it doesn't work after a year or two then it's a costly mistake to have made (lots of electronic devices don't seem to last these days and if the manufacturer ceases trading any warranty will be worthless).
I also wonder about the device's ability to cope with the constant sun-cloud-sun-cloud and to make efficient use of the power. Worse still: if the device should have any kind of fault or calibration error, how do I know that it isn't running my immersion 24/7 and drawing grid power to do so, and running me up a bill of hundreds of pounds.

So I'd like to see either a more competitive price to make the "risk" worthwhile, or I'd like to see proof that it actually works. At £400+ I'll let others try it first. Maybe at half the price I'd take a chance.

Please don't get me wrong: I think the device is a brilliant idea, but I've also seen so many "wonder products" (not just solar-related) that I treat everything with healthy scepticism. Too many people want to sell me something, and everyone says that theirs is better than anyone else's.

@FB We have installed 15 or so of the Immersun units so far, and have had nothing but praise for them. On our own system we have current and power monitoring systems sitting on multiple circuits so that we can monitor precisiely what is going on, and to date, the immersun has done exactly what it says on the tin.

Thank you all for your comments. Having looked in detail at the installation requirements for both systems I think that the Immersun option looks the most straightforward to install and the enclosure and display are appealing as is the versatility.

The Solar Cache+ option looks like it might be useful in instances where the customer does not already have a remote display option. Though I think it looks a little 'home made'. Prices for both devices are almost identical, though you have to buy 5 of the Immersun devices unless you want to pay a premium for getting a single unit through a wholesaler such as Edmundson.

I have two people interested in the Immersun unit, just reluctant to have another 3 hanging around spoiling the cash flow...

Reply to Solar Cache+ and Immersun - Immersion Controls in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock