Discuss solar course in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some info on solar courses, mate is intrested in getting into this, has no real electrical experience (auto spark). Asked if i knew what was best but i dont have a clue, any ideas what courses or qualification are reqd. Thanks in advance

Maybe the situation in the UK is different then in the Netherlands or Germany but here the Inverters factories (mostly Germany) offers free one day courses for planning, installation and maintenance. And this are good trainings. Is that not available in the UK?

No.

we have Regs like G59 & G83 saying which inverters can be used and where.

I have had customers asking why we change £--- for an inverter, when they found the same one on e-bay from Germany a lot cheaper.

the answer is G83 is only a British requirement and isnt on all inverters (its to do with islanding without going into too much detail)

Hello Sparkless
But that's the same by us. We also need approval from one of the EU countries. But when I do an installation most of the inverters also have the UK parameters in the list.
I have to put them on EU or german VDE. But the UK is mostly also there.
Regards,
Henry

we have been recognised by inverter manufacturers now, but that is only a recent thing.

we stood alone with our regs for quite a while, hence two years ago a 4kW system used to cost £18k.

the manufacturers have accepted our market here, but the regs are still all there

Reply to solar course in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock