Discuss solar edge inverter and feed in tariff meter dont match in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Recently had fitted Solar Edge and notice their monitor gives a reading but the meter used to obtain my feed in tariff gives a lower figure and this is the one I am paid on not the solar edge inverter.So why the difference? this could cost a lot of money over the years.

can you post some figures?

I am thinking along the lines of not all the electricity you generate is fed in to the grid, some is used on site.

My generation goes through the generation meter BEFORE it is fed into the CU and distributed around the house if needed. The generation meter also does not match the alleged output of the SB3800 inverter in the loft and is around 1% lower.
Have a look on pvoutput for systems local to you and see what they are producing.

I'd say the Generation meter is far more accurate than the monitor on the Solar Edge.
Is this Domestic, I thought the feed in payment was a calculated fixed payment, not derived from the Generation meter?

Recently had fitted Solar Edge and notice their monitor gives a reading but the meter used to obtain my feed in tariff gives a lower figure and this is the one I am paid on not the solar edge inverter.So why the difference? this could cost a lot of money over the years.
If I understand you right, I think the difference in the readings is because of the losses in the cable between the inverter and Meter.

If I understand you right, I think the difference in the readings is because of the losses in the cable between the inverter and Meter.

I'm having (somewhat) the same type of discrepancy. But the main difference for me is the inverters feed into my main electrical panel (after some cut-offs). The electric company net meter is on the other side that also feeds to the same main electrical panel. The electric company is reporting my consumption, generation and difference (net.)

The inverters and the electric company net meter is not consistent nor does it seem to be off by a specific %.

Example: (it's been very cloudy and rainy these last couple of days and I do not have older data)
Inverters reporting:
Jan 15th:9.97 kWh total generated
Jan 16th: 2.73 kWh total generated.

Electric company net meter reporting:
Jan 15th:8.53 kWh - Difference of 1.44kWh
Jan 16th: 0.42 kWh - Difference of 2.31kWh
(also showing me the totals for consumption, Generated and net)

Would the house be utilizing the power without the net meter seeing it? and/or the Inverters ->shut offs ->panel ->wiring -> net meter connections be losing the difference? (or the combo) (which that is too much too lose in just connections)

Essentially can I trust what both the inverters are saying they are generating AND what the electric company net meter is reporting?

I used to be an aircraft electrician for many years. But since I've never dealt with this type of issue, I'm hoping someone can verify my list of possible causes or make a suggestion: (house using some, net meter not seeing it) and/or (power loss between all the gear ) or this type of difference is normal? or suggestions to check?

Thank you!

Reply to solar edge inverter and feed in tariff meter dont match in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock