Discuss solar edge rj45 wiring in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

poheZ

HI

I opened up my se4000 and found no rj45 plug socket, all i found was a set of termination pins with ethernet marked on them.

I thought i followed the wiring correct but my solar edge monitoring site has had no data sent, even though the lcd display says s ok.

Has anybody had a solaredge inverter with no rj45 plug and if so could you tell me which wires go where...ta!

I assumed this was ok so i left site as i followed the instructions and only connected 123 and 6.

The site has been set up and the status is active, but no data?!! The other 3 i have setup worked instantly upon setting up (but they all had rj45 sockets on board). I will call solar edge tomorrow and see what they think unles anyone has any ideas?

if its a long run CAT5 you got to use certain cores from the cable - follow this to the letter.

Attachments

• se_application_wiring_ethernet_cables.pdf
    416 KB · Views: 45
HI

This is the same as the installation guide and how i thought i did it, have you had inverters without rj45 sockets?

i am not sure as doubt always creeps in, in any case i have to re visit the site

why have an inverter without an rj45 socket?....bizarre!

You only need four cables from the ethernet wire and connect them as follows

orange & white = 1
orange = 2
green & white = 3
green = 6

I can beat you that the firmware needs upgrading and if the AC voltage goes over 250v the inverter will turn off having problems with solar edge now seems like a bad batch of inverters and they seem to be the ones with no ethernet connection ...

can the solar edge rep please let us know whats going on here

also if you keep pressing the green lcd button until you get to comm screen

the line of 0000000000 should turn to 111111111

then you know 100% your online it also could be the router not giving an IP address we had this a few times.

The tech line told me that all edge inverters will come without sockets now. The guy also confirmed that my installed inverter was online and that he would change the parameters to sort out the over voltage tripping, remotely. i mentioned that it could be 264v and he said that was high, what i dont know is what other parameters are not set to g83.

On a bizarre and i suppose a good note the tech line is open on a Sunday from 7am! However, i am really surprised they dont have a uk based tech support, there is still a translation communication barrier to over come.

Are we not able to change parameters and/or update firmare vis the configurator?

Reply to solar edge rj45 wiring in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net