Discuss Solar edge TOP service in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
fitted a job on Thursday last week luton 3.5 hours away

so we finish started system all good up and running so we headed off home.

Friday Inverter failed AC supply and DC at inverter nothing going on.

I called the UK solar edge engineer Nadav form London told him what was going on ,

he said no problem I will go fix it and swap inverter if needed.

well I was Like THANK YOU saving me 6 hours round trip just for a 10 min job .

Nadav Travel 45 mins from london swapped inverter , set up the monitoring account and headed back down to london

NOW thats a great service

so thank you solar edge

Glad their service is good and don't take this the wrong way but isn't it better that they don't fail in the first place?

I believe you've dealt with a few problems both on your own installs and for other forum members and punters and i commend you for the advice and assistance you give but why so loyal to SE given what seems to me to be a higher than average fail rate? Or maybe i'm wrong on this and have imagined multiple SE problems...

no your wrong -

most problems are with installers not setting up monitoring systems for customers so I help the public set them up

out over say 100 solar edge installer we have had three faulty parts.

2 x power optimizers
1 x se3000

we have installed power ones only hand full and one started smoking !!!! new inverter on door step next day but I had to go and swap it over.

sma no problems with those just one faulty screen ,

anyway I think its good service from them ,

Reply to Solar edge TOP service in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net