Discuss Solar Fox Monitoring in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rmccabe20

Has anyone had experiance with solar fox monitoring, or any other kind, i am using a sunny webox and a solar fox display, but im struggling to link the webbox to the solar fox, any ideas.

Not come accros it, if you've got a webbox, we find sunny portal awesome, also there are free Apple apps for sunny portal.

Looked at the website, difficult to see the advantages over the free apps from SMA (once you've bought the webbox)

We have installed the Solar Fox monitoring. You need to use a solar log instead of the webbox. The solar log connects via bluetooth or hard wired to the inverter(s) and sends the info via the internet to the Solar Fox. From what I remember you also need to set up a solar fox account.

Homepage

Tom

And who would pay for all that ? ... When for FREE using the SMA bluetooth , a pc running sunny explorer (free) and a free piece of software to link to a free monitoring site pvoutput.org .....

Or on the commercial level, buy a webbox once, and then using your existing broadband connection have free monitoring system on Sunny Portal ...

it's not about the monitoring, with the Solar Fox you have a flat screen display which we installed in the reception area. The display is customized with the customers images and details etc. I agree there are cheaper ways to display the info, though for some customers telling people how they are generating their own electricity is almost as important as generating the electricity.

Tom

Have you tried contacting Solar Fox ? :) :banghead:

it's not about the monitoring, with the Solar Fox you have a flat screen display which we installed in the reception area. The display is customized with the customers images and details etc. I agree there are cheaper ways to display the info, though for some customers telling people how they are generating their own electricity is almost as important as generating the electricity.

Tom
Again we are using this kit as specified in contract, we have the solar fox mounted in the reception area , and awaiting turn on of system by dno to fully set up, i spent a day with IT guy trying to set up, contacted company in germany , that didnt help( not the best english spoken) and SMA , they say on website that it is compatible with solar webox that works in same way, its just difficult to link them together,

Reply to Solar Fox Monitoring in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net