Discuss Solar Health Check? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N3ilb3

DIY
Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking for some advice, got a cold call today from someone who informed me the company who put up my panels have ceased trading. The new company is contacting their old customers and offering to help with any warranty issues. They need to do a health check to validate the system health for £100.

Now my system has never had any issues, I’ve an enphase system so I see the health of my system in the app and it’s fine. I’ve also German panels (can’t recall the make) and as I’ve said things are fine.

The company have said they’d deal with the manufacturers if there were any faults. Otherwise I’d have to deal with everything myself.

I plan to check the details of the guarantee that I got with the install, I know it has some sort of insurance policy.

Is there any value in getting this done?

Thanks,

Neil

So this apparent new company are suggesting that if you pay them 100 quid they will honour a guarantee supplied wih a now home company? Something doesnt sound right there. Anyway, you may find the warranty is between you and the manufacturer. Something to check.

Sounds really fishy
Could even be a scam.
I would be very cautious
If in doubt, ignore them and pay them ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

So this apparent new company are suggesting that if you pay them 100 quid they will honour a guarantee supplied wih a now home company? Something doesnt sound right there. Anyway, you may find the warranty is between you and the manufacturer. Something to check.
So I did ask that and I was told that would be between me and the manufacturer now but if for example a panel broke I’d be responsible for shipping it, getting it off the roof etc.

Is there any value in getting this done?

No - they will use it as an opportunity to sell you something else. Maybe a long term maintenance contract. Maybe an overpriced battery storage system. They may even create a problem which they will charge you to rectify.

If it ain't broke....

Reply to Solar Health Check? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net