Discuss Solar IBoost in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What is it diverting power to? They are generally regulated by the amount of power that you are exporting rather than the amount that you are producing.

Yes Gary I know all that. Thanks
Solar IBoost is an immersion heater controller heating the water during daylight hours ie when there is surplus power being produced and present at the consumer unit.
The question I asked was for one of these controllers that is reasonably priced for the job they do.

Solar Iboost is a specific product, just shop around and you’ll probably find a good deal somewhere.

If you were to look at other products which perform the same function then you might find something cheaper, but since you know everything about it already I assume you’ve already looked at the other products?

Solar Iboost is a specific product, just shop around and you’ll probably find a good deal somewhere.

If you were to look at other products which perform the same function then you might find something cheaper, but since you know everything about it already I assume you’ve already looked at the other products?
No Daves -park I don't know every thing about these products thats why I stuck up this post. I am supposedly asking those that may have used one or t'other of these products for advice.

The Solar iBoost diverts most of the excess generation that is being exported. Eg it tends to still allow 2-300watts to be exported. It shows you what it is using now, so far today, yesterday, all week, 28 days and a running total.
It works using a WIRELESS current sensor around the live wire into the house and the iBoost sits near the immersion heater, which is supplied with 1-3kwh.
We use one with a 4kwp solar system and dont use the boiler from late april to mid october.
The Solic... sytem does similar but is simpler... eg it is installed near the Consumer unit as the current sensor in hardwired. The system does not keep track of how much it has saved.
It does benefit from having a zero cut off point... eg it will not allow anything to be exported... not like the 2-300w of the iboost. Of course when the tank is hot it will export all the excess generation.
I am currently considering upgrading to the Solic to stop losing this lost generation.

Reply to Solar IBoost in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net