Discuss Solar Power advise needed please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Andy

-
Reaction score
Hi Folks
I've just been asked to install an outside socket at a customers house, thats no problem.
My problem is they've got Solar Panels and I've not had the pleasure of working around the extra systems involved.
Can / Should I be able to turn them off whilst I work on the house wiring, do my testing etc, complete my work then turn the solar back on.
Somehow this sounds to easy.
Your thoughts please
I've not been able to have a look yet so any advise would be welcome.
Cheers
Andy

Hi Folks
I've just been asked to install an outside socket at a customers house, thats no problem.
My problem is they've got Solar Panels and I've not had the pleasure of working around the extra systems involved.
Can / Should I be able to turn them off whilst I work on the house wiring, do my testing etc, complete my work then turn the solar back on.
Somehow this sounds to easy.
Your thoughts please
I've not been able to have a look yet so any advise would be welcome.
Cheers
Andy
What does you Scheme help desk say on the issue, after al that's what you are paying for.

Thanks Guys, I went to ring them this morning and realised there closed till monday. Obviously I'll call them then.
To be honest I also value your comments, hence the post.
Cheers

Job I’m on at the moment has a label on the board and the rotary switch in the loft,not sure what happens if the label is removed or falls off in the future

Reply to Solar Power advise needed please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
I am a retired Electrician and started looking at Solar Power, (Black Magic to me), after much reading of "How To", I decided to build myself a...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Quick query for this still practicing regarding bill payment for a job not complete. My partner recently employed an electrician to do...
Replies
Views
We just had a callback from a PV/Battery job because the car charger was working for 30s then turning red and stopping charging. We had...
Replies
Views
For power outages, my solar inverter (+battery) is able to take on the entire house load - as long as I unplug my collection of vintage kettles...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock