Discuss Solar PV ground fault in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Got an issue with a DC string ... I am doing some DC testing and one of the strings is 0.5ohms (negative to earth). Positive is 29mohms and rising to earth.

Now usually I would expect to find a crappy mc4 or a damaged cable but this time I am on a farm where all the cable is visible and looks ok.

I have disconnected the pos and neg at either end of the string and now when I test to earth at the inverter location it is clear? Tested all the panels to earth and they are clear.

I suspect it is the cable but why is it testing clear when disconnected from the panels ?? I am getting into the solar a bit more and have some more questions in the bank for future posts :) hope I can find somebody in the no....

Many thanks

dB.

Could it be a faulty panel connector? Have you tested the panels?

P.S. I know nothing about PV panels so a complete guess.

Reply to Solar PV ground fault in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys, Currently on a 3MW Solar farm job and will soon be coming up to the testing stage of the project. My question is, where do you do your...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
I have a small Pv farm 5KW. Some months ago inverter started to measure low Riso<1MΩhm (0.8). I tried to test each string alone and with one the...
Replies
Views
Hi installing my first solar PV on my own home before starting the courses next year and need some advice on earthing PV. System 6kw solar PV - 2...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone could help me with something that has been niggling me please?! When a Solar PV feed in circuit is installed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock