Discuss Solar PV Immersion diverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone give me a recommendation of a decent solar PV immersion diverter, and do they stack up cost against installation, I have had a couple of enquiries from customers this weekend about them (must have been a feature on local news?)?

Also are there any suppliers who do trade discounts that anyone is aware of?

Thanks

I have the solar iboost and am impressed with it. March though to September pretty much provides all hot water needed. Have solar edge system with a modus meter so I can see it tracking the available spare power very effectively.
Some people report that it causes issues with power line and or WiFi, but I haven't seen any. Payback looks like approx 2 years based on summer reduction of gas, installed cost £200.
Batteries seem to last about 1 year for remote transmitter and range seems ok too. Had one thermostat fail in 2 years.
I have a system boiler with single 3kw immersion heater in pressurised tank and it puts about 7 to 12kwh into tank each day (when spare power available)
I only have a single output connected but there appears to be a second output too.

Not an electrician so above is a consumers view of one option.

Hope that helps

J

Thanks,I think the solar iboost appears to be the way to go as you say has two outputs which is handy as I have have a large cylinder with dual immersion heaters. The only shame is their trade pricing appears to be more expensive than me buying off a seller on ebay!?

Only problem with buying on Ebay , when you try to claim for a fault, you may be fobbed off if it is not one of their authorized sellers and you are in the lurch. May not be the case if they can command that amount of buying power so that they can undercut the manufacturer though.

Interestingly I have now had replies from the two suppliers, solar iboost, and the solic 200 from earthwise products, the Solic 200 comes with a 10 year rtb warranty and they have offered a credible trade account, the solar iboost is a 2 year warranty and they fobbed me off with an explanation about the person who is selling on eBay (who has indicated sales of 515 units) explaining that they have instances of people selling second hand and refurbished units as new. I will be installing a few of the earthwise products to see how they go.

Myenergi Eddi everytime.

We're bringing in initial stocks of the MyEnergi Eddi, as mentioned by Worcester. If you want a comparison against iBoost, see below. Really is like comparing apples with pears...

upload_2017-11-7_22-2-28.png

You will get what you pay for both in terms of quality and functionality. Never forget what Benjamin Franklin said over 250 years ago: "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten".

At £375 it would take me 250 years to recoup the cost!
I think your maths must be a little off, or eveyone in your house washes in cold water. Normal payback period for one of these units is around six years. This is based on displacing mains gas as the heating fuel. If you are using a different more expensive fuel, the payback is shorter. Even using SAP as the basis of calculation, a house hold of 4 people uses 136ltrs of hot water per day. This is a pretty conservative figure. As long as you have sufficient excess PV electrcity available, such a device will normally cover about half of your hot water energy demand in a 12 month period. You need to take a little time to calculate this out accurately.

SOliC 200 is a reliable, established product with over 7000 installs and it costs about 1/3 of the Myeddi.

Earthwise Products has been trading for over 5 years and its leadership know how to run a company without going bust.

The Zero threshold, is worth around £1500 in extra energy diverted. savings over 20 years, against a 200-watt threshold. We have been told by many customers that get hot water 90% of the days the year due to this zero threshold.

The best performance doing its primary job with reliability has always been our mantra and driven our success.

Interesting.
How much would I be charged for supply and fit? Do not currently have an immersion heater so would also require fitting of such. PM's please.
Norwich area

Reply to Solar PV Immersion diverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net