Discuss solar PV qualification advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

amckay

Hi guys I'm thinking of changing sector and was wondering 1, what is the most appropriate and up to date qual for PV? Is it 2399?
2, is there much work ahead for 10or so years in this sector? As I've been told the hype of PV is over.
Thanks

I refer the honourable gentlemen to the statement of Public Enemy on the subject of hype.

We're rushed off our feet now the hype's died down, but the work comes through knowing what we're doing. Unfortunately you can't really learn solar PV in a 3 day course.

I refer the honourable gentlemen to the statement of Public Enemy on the subject of hype.

We're rushed off our feet now the hype's died down, but the work comes through knowing what we're doing. Unfortunately you can't really learn solar PV in a 3 day course.
That's true 3days is just not enough time to learn all there is to know. But what I'm getting at is there scope for a newby to learn the PV side and expect longterm employment?
After all you are the guys doing PV so who would know better?

We are busier now than we were in November 2011 ...... AND a full pipeline - though it's not just Solar, as we do RHI work as well.

We are getting more and more new-build inquiries every week. So a C&G2399 course is a good start. I have sparks that can properly install a full PV system, they know all the prinisples of string sizing, shading, inverter optimisation, that doesn't mean that they could design one though. There are so many elements including structural analysis, wind loading etc that needs to be carried out.

So does anyone wanna give me a job? Manchester area/north west? I'm a quick learner!
I've heard PV teams do an average of 2-3 installs a day with the general minimum being 2. I'm quick up a ladder and keen to learn!

So does anyone wanna give me a job? Manchester area/north west? I'm a quick learner!
I've heard PV teams do an average of 2-3 installs a day with the general minimum being 2. I'm quick up a ladder and keen to learn!
Really, 2-3 a day , I would love to see that. Must be thrown together. My guys work hard, but could never achieve 2-3 in a normal working day.

Really, 2-3 a day , I would love to see that. Must be thrown together. My guys work hard, but could never achieve 2-3 in a normal working day.

I know a group that do 2 in a day but then they can still be at it by 9pm.

they just fit the panels though as they get more money than doing the electrical side.

(they can do it quick if they just use ladders and no scaffold).

ive seen them carrying a panel up on there backs while climbing a ladder

I know a group that do 2 in a day but then they can still be at it by 9pm.

they just fit the panels though as they get more money than doing the electrical side.

(they can do it quick if they just use ladders and no scaffold).

ive seen them carrying a panel up on there backs while climbing a ladder

I'd like to see them when HSE catch up with them.

Hi guys I'm thinking of changing sector and was wondering 1, what is the most appropriate and up to date qual for PV? Is it 2399?
2, is there much work ahead for 10or so years in this sector? As I've been told the hype of PV is over.
Thanks

What's wrong with your current line of work?

I'd like to see them when HSE catch up with them.
fold company, phoenix it back up again.

same would happen if any of their staff fell off the roof and tried to claim compensation, they'd find they were uninsured for not following a safe working practice, and probably the company would try to deny responsibility by pointing at the risk assessment and claiming they should have been using edge protection, should have let someone know if scaf hadn't arrived etc etc then phoenix the company if that didn't get them off the hook.

Installer beware, these companies will leave you in a chair with no compensation (or worse) if you come off one of those roofs when working without edge protection.

Check out their directors company history if you don't believe me, virtually all of them have previously folded companies behind them, many have a whole string of them.

That's what I've heard but I've no idea what the reality is

Thanks

What's wrong with your current line of work?

PAT is getting harder to win tenders with the sticker brigades driving prices down. And not much domestic in Manchester.

Reply to solar PV qualification advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net