Discuss solar quote in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

joyce

i have been quoted £6395 for 16 antaris p6 polly panels(12 year warrenty) kaco powador inverter(10 year warrenty) both german. £6500 if i take i boost at the same time. any comments on the quality of the panels /inverter or i boost. i live in iv12 post code cheers

I've not used those panels so can't comment on their quality. They look decent enough though. Nothing wrong with the inverter either.

The price seems good too.

To be totally honest with you, your focus should be about 10% on the equipment and 90% on the installation company. Check that their installs are up to scratch. Go and visit a few of them.

There are a lot of firms which are frankly awful. You do not want to get into a situation where you have one of those firms installing for you - regardless of price or materials used.

I always recommend people get quotes from long term members of this forum that would serve your area - it's worth noting that you are asking other installation companies / solar professionals to provide free advice that assists their competition. :) That said it looks like a decent system you have been quoted at a reasonable price, but it is worth noting the post above! In fact - SolarCity why don't you start a section in the forum where customers can request quotes from members?

@SolarCity - the sister UKPlumbers forum has a 'I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer' section, ti which the public post their wants, so the precedent, is set, -- I'm sure they can create a similar sub-forum in this one :)

Most of the folks I go to see that have been doing research always always seem to research the panels and inverters and sometimes the roof mounting system.....very very rarely have they done any research on installation companies.

Strange that. If you are building an extension you research the builder not the bricks.

Why do prospective pv customers get so involved with the minute details of panels....

Reply to solar quote in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net