Discuss SolarEdge in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

itty

Hi All,

Has anyone commissioned a solaredge system?

I need to establish how to measure the string short circuit current (Isc) for the commissioning sheet. Has anyone done this?

Thanks - itty

itty,

nothing to do with solaredge, String short circuit current is exactly what it says, the current flowing when you short circuit the string, don't try to do it right now though, it's a little to dark.

Who did you do your PV training course with?

See my test rigs on the testing panels thread.

itty,

nothing to do with solaredge, String short circuit current is exactly what it says, the current flowing when you short circuit the string, don't try to do it right now though, it's a little to dark.

Who did you do your PV training course with?

See my test rigs on the testing panels thread.

Thanks Worcester.

Issue is the system. The power optimisers prevent output until AC detected. This prevents usual short circuit current test at DC isolator with clamp on.

Has anyone completed a commissioning test form for a solaredge system?

Thanks again.

@itty,

How can they detect AC? surely they're not connected to the grid are they?

@itty,

How can they detect AC? surely they're not connected to the grid are they?

may be wrong word selection

the PO's only output 1v until AC is switched on - Isc cannot be performed as usual

Has anyone completed a commissioning form for solaredge?

Thanks

So you can't do a Voc either then?

In which case, do these need some kind of MSC certification .... as you may have added a non certified product to the installation?

I know this sounds silly, - Have you contacted your supplier?

Itty,

Would you not measure Isc before the solaredge optimiser - afaik the "optimiser" is actually a MPPT so you won't be able to measure Isc after it. Treat each optimiser as a separate string - a bit tedious with lots of optimisers!

Just thought, have you got panels with the optimser built in and if so are you unable to disconnect panel from optimser? In this case I suggest you contact solaredge or your supplier.

Last edited by a moderator:
just use a string inverter and use decentrailised mppt powerbox/power conditioner on each module , many on the market like tigo , national semiconductor
or just use a string inverter solaredge nothing new and works out cheaper

Reply to SolarEdge in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net