Discuss Solariboost+ failed again in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Tonyt1

DIY
Reaction score
My first solariboost+ was installed in 2015. In July 2019 it went dead, power good. Marlec supplied me with a reduced cost unit (£149) which was installed the same month, now this one has failed in less than three years. The immersion heater element was new about three years ago and still works perfectly. Marlec are offering me another one for £149. Having done some research, it seems failure is common, often soon after the warranty expires. I'm reluctant to buy another, and am looking at a solic200. Any thoughts?

I was tempted to get an iBoost but was swayed with the simplicity of the Solic 200 which is supposedly made to last 25 years as well as being one of the lowest cost options out there, meaning it pays for itself within 2-3 years. I also liked that the wired version is fitted next to the consumer unit rather than installing it inside a hot airing cupboard, and has no moving parts (no noisy fan!).

However, I'm not sure either device is that good when used with a home battery which I'm considering on getting along with an EV.

My first solariboost+ was installed in 2015. In July 2019 it went dead, power good. Marlec supplied me with a reduced cost unit (£149) which was installed the same month, now this one has failed in less than three years. The immersion heater element was new about three years ago and still works perfectly. Marlec are offering me another one for £149. Having done some research, it seems failure is common, often soon after the warranty expires. I'm reluctant to buy another, and am looking at a solic200. Any thoughts?
I too had problems with an iBoost on two occasions. Both times I was lucky to be within warranty. On one occasion it was fixed with replacement of an internal fuse according to the supplier. I was actually looking at getting an Apollo GEM to replace it but unfortunately they have just stopped manufacturing them.

Reply to Solariboost+ failed again in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock