Discuss SOLVED: 2392 Question Parallel Insulation Resistance in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
The insulation resistance of two circuits is of 40M and 36M respectively. When tested together what would be approximately the total insulation resistance:

A: 1440M
B: 76M
C: 19M
D: 4M

I don't know the answer, so how do you figure this out?

:rolleyes2:

Last edited:
Re: 2392 Question

in parallel use the formula : 1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2. alternatively Rt = (R1 x R2)/ (R1 + R2)

Ok so it's 19.23 answer C

Rt = 1/40 + 1/36

Rt = 0.025 + 0.027

Rt = 1/0.052

I've worked this out now, but still the question is vague because I'm assuming R1 = 40 and R2 = 36

In this calculation then R1, R2, R3, R4 ...etc are equal to the circuits insulation resistance depending on how many circuits you need to calculate the total resistance for?

correct. don't forget, in this Q. the answer's in M ohms. and i'm assuming the circuits are in parallel, as that's how they would be in a real life situation. ( if in series, you just add the values together).

Reply to SOLVED: 2392 Question Parallel Insulation Resistance in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have got these questions on 2391-52 inspection and testing but can't remember option of 1st two questions. Please any suggestion will be...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I hope you're all keeping well. I have a question regarding insulation resistance testing. Whether doing a single circuit IR test or...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Does any one know what kind of insulation resistance to expect for pink fibre wall/ceiling insulation? I'm trying to figure out if the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a question please concerning the calculation of the non-adiabatic factor for screen/sheath with a case that is not mentioned...
Replies
Views
I've just done an insulation resistance test between line and earth and got 0.0 Mohms for most circuits. Obviously this is an F1, but what I don't...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock