Discuss some help on memberships etc in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dexstar

hi all, just been poking around the site and looks a brilliant source of information, but i was wondering if any one could help me out, as it is all very confusing. What am i classified as (nothing rude please!!)
i have just passed my level 2 and level 3 C&G 2330 and also my 17th edition. I am just about to start work in the world of electrical. Is there any information you can give me on what schemes or memberships i need to sign up to, as i am completely in the dark. Also if possible can you let me know what to do next, i have booked on my NVQ level 3 but just need to start when i get a job with a company.

Any help would be great

I have the 2330 level 2 and 3, AM2, NVQ 3, i think im classed as an electrican, but i really dont know myself.

Would be interesting to know!

JIB card is what you need in this day and age,everyone seems to ask for it.
from what i can understand if you have level 1&2 you will be graded as an electrician.
if you have an nvq3 and 17th edition you are graded as an approved electrician.
dont know if you need 2391 as well.
i'm sure someone will be better informed.....
mind you i've been getting away without for many years,and still not been found out.

DAMN I THINK I JUST CONFESSED....PLEASE IGNORE:eek:

IIRC, You become an approved electrician once you are five years out of your apprenticeship.
To me a spark is someone with at least four years in the trade. No insult intended to anyone on here, we all have to start somewhere, but exams only prove you can read. Experience is what counts.

JIB card is what you need in this day and age,everyone seems to ask for it.
from what i can understand if you have level 1&2 you will be graded as an electrician.
if you have an nvq3 and 17th edition you are graded as an approved electrician.
dont know if you need 2391 as well.
i'm sure someone will be better informed.....
mind you i've been getting away without for many years,and still not been found out.

DAMN I THINK I JUST CONFESSED....PLEASE IGNORE:eek:

You need 2391 these days to be graded as an approved electrician, i did a 4 year JIB apprenticeship 2360 1&2, NVQ 3 and 16th edition regs and im only graded as electrician.

Definative answer.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JIB Grading Definitions - Approved Electrician Grade[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Qualifications and Training[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Must satisfy the following four conditions:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1) Must have been a registered apprentice or undergone some equivalent method of training and have had practical training in electrical installation work.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2) Must have obtained an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work (or approved equivalent) - see Note 1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3) Must have had two years experience as an Electrician subsequent to the satisfactory completion of training and immediately prior to the application for this grade.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4) Must have demonstrated competence and obtained a suitable qualification (the City & Guilds 2391 is a suitable qualification) in the inspection, testing and commissioning of installations - see Note 2.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Note 1:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the applicant meets the other other three criteria but has not achieved an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation, then a "Provisional" grading may be awarded if the following criteria are both satisfied:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a) have obtained at least the City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory Part 2 Course Certificate (or approved equivalent).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]b) have obtained Achievement Measurement 2 or must be able, with the application for Grading and any other relevant supporting evidence (i.e. the City & Guilds Electricians Certificate) which may be required, to satisfy the Grading Committee of his experience and suitability.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Note 2:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The employer will ensure that the cost of a first attempt at the training scheme and examination for inspection, testing and commissioning is met without cost to the operative when they have satisfied all the other requirements for grading/regrading as an Approved Electrician.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Duties[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Approved Electricians must possess particular practical, productive and electrical engineering skills with adequate technical supervisory knowledge so as to be able to work on their own proficiently and carry out electrical installation work without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner; be able to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary installation materials; be able to accept responsibility for the proper completion of jobs and, if required, supervise other operatives. They must also have a thorough working knowledge of the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, of the current IEE Regulations for Electrical Installations, of the Electricity Supply Regulations 1988, issued by the Electricity Commissioners so far as they deal with Consumers' Installations (ie Regulations 22-29 inclusive and 31), of any Regulations dealing with Consumers' Installations which, may be issued, relevant British Standards and Codes of Practice, and of the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.[/FONT]

Reply to some help on memberships etc in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock