Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss some one must know ??? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shocked

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

come on all of you some one must know ?
I posted this 5 days ago and no answers yet !!
what does every one else write down on the certs ?

Hi all
i would like to know how to calculate MAX DEMAND for the certificates ?
i've tried the diversity calculaters in the book but found in a normal house with 2x rings, 2x lights, cooker,shower or two etc. they always come out too high. if some knows the correct formular i could write a little prog and post it for others to try :)

Aico 3000 Range
N

not clever

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Use one of these at the tails with loads on the circuits.
Megger MMC850 Multi Single Core AC Clamp Meter

Or as you are already doing, use the osg.

Dont take rings as 32A, use some common sense & calculate what will be applied as a load to the circuit (upstairs ring final will have a lesser load than the kitchen or downstairs ring final).

Use diversity on the lighting circuits.
Use diversity on cooker/oven circuits

Showers well use potential full load.

i record the max demand the same as the main protective device for the cu in question,because that is the maximum it can pull,
however i know this is not 100% correct but as you have seen from the lack off replys to your post it seems to be a grey area. cheers

S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I put maximum demand down to the largest MCB in the board. Never been picked up on my assessment yet.

But then you could always out down the cutout rating as its unlikely it will pull much above that.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to some one must know ??? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom