Discuss Someone help me with 2391 question?? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seanrtkelly

Sorry if some one has already asked this, used the search but couldnt find the right answer.

Basically i know its possible to do the written part and the practical part of the 2391 seperate.

eg. Do the paper test one month, wait for your result, then do the practical.

But does anyone know the maximum time scale that can pass inbetween,

I have done my paper part quite a while ago with an independent company, and every time i ask about the practical test theres always a different excuse.

He keeps telling me im still okay and will definatly get it done, but just a bit worried now its been so long

Thanks for any help, replys and tips you can give me

OP
S

SirKit Breaker

Sorry if some one has already asked this, used the search but couldnt find the right answer.

Basically i know its possible to do the written part and the practical part of the 2391 seperate.

I have done my paper part quite a while ago with an independent company, and every time i ask about the practical test theres always a different excuse.

He keeps telling me im still okay and will definatly get it done, but just a bit worried now its been so long

As far as i am aware, there is no time scale between taking either part of 2391, then taking the other. As someone else has said, contact C&G, if you cant get your training provider to play ball. But whatever you do, do it sooner rather than later, because once the 2391 registrations cease, you will lose all credit for your written exam, and it will be back to square 1. Your training provider can set you up for the practical assessment at any mutually convenient time, because it is not set by C&G, so dont let them tell you otherwise. It seems to me that someone cant be arsed to set aside half a day, but i bet they didn't drag their feet when they took your money.

Cheers............Howard

ruston

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Can't vouch for accuracy but a lad on the course I was on had to do the practical again because he was'nt within the two year time limit. This came from the Tutor.

Roondog

New EF Member
As far as i am aware, there is no time scale between taking either part of 2391, then taking the other. As someone else has said, contact C&G, if you cant get your training provider to play ball. But whatever you do, do it sooner rather than later, because once the 2391 registrations cease, you will lose all credit for your written exam, and it will be back to square 1. Your training provider can set you up for the practical assessment at any mutually convenient time, because it is not set by C&G, so dont let them tell you otherwise. It seems to me that someone cant be arsed to set aside half a day, but i bet they didn't drag their feet when they took your money.

Cheers............Howard
Hi Howard.

Ive been reading a few testing and inspection threads recently on the forum and believe that you are going to be teaching the new 2394/2395 courses. Im from Leeds like yourself and am shortly going to pay for the new qualifications but i was wondering where do you do the training and what is the cost of the new courses. Do you have to do both for a full tesing and inspection qualification or is the 2394 just an initial course if you haven't had much experience of testing. Any info would be greatly recieved. Cheers.

Eco Chap

Regular EF Member

I was told last dates for the practical exam is going to be late 2015 by my tutor. Have my theory on thursday (fingers crossed)

OP
S

SirKit Breaker

Hi Howard.

Ive been reading a few testing and inspection threads recently on the forum and believe that you are going to be teaching the new 2394/2395 courses. Im from Leeds like yourself and am shortly going to pay for the new qualifications but i was wondering where do you do the training and what is the cost of the new courses. Do you have to do both for a full tesing and inspection qualification or is the 2394 just an initial course if you haven't had much experience of testing. Any info would be greatly recieved. Cheers.
PM sent.

OP
R

Rumacoai

If you pass written exam and defer practical, you have two years to pass. I think if you pass practical you can keep that for longer. Do a one to one course for practical. I wasn't confident so went to ETS Birmingham, paid £150 for a days course on testing, it was really helpful when coming to practical exam. The staff were great. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 63 67.0%
  • Black

Votes: 31 33.0%

Electrician Talk