Discuss Someones in trouble....! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
someone I know asked me to do a EICR fast "as a favour" . Turns out he has had a 2 bed flat re decorated and was hoping he might be able to skip past the electrics and gas . But gas was fine and £75 later he has a GS cert and all is well.

Then I turn up....and its a nightmare for him . Needs Consumer (plastic above front door) , and lots more . Gets angry as I wont let him have a "ticket to rent" . I hand keys back. Next morning after I spoke to the letting agency . Sure as hell he rocks up with a EICR thats "all good" . Letting agency Bins him as a customer which I applaud and they then send a copy of the EICR to the guys scheme and council etc . Now the EICR guy might be "genuine" but a fool .Or I would guess he is a "Drive buy " who has software almost 90 % pre filled and he bangs in date and details .

Thats me off his Christmas list . Best thing that ever happened .

The annual rent is £18400 and he wants a 2 year contract . The work needed would add up to £730.00 max .But he wont care and I always have a habit of hating bad landlords that think its ok to skimp over possible safety issues and have Tenants moaning that stuff wont work etc . He now has to Find a new Agency and have the work done .Possible delay ...maybe a month min . What a waster .

I have been asked plenty times to issue a satisfactory Eirc on a property that I have had a quick look round and I know full well won't be safe to rent out so I pass on the Eicr right from the get go

I honestly don't need the £650 that badly that I would falsify an Eicr for a properly where I know that the electrical installation is unsafe

But I know plenty of sparks for a few hundred quid will issue a bogus Eicr and think nothing of it

There are plenty crocked people out there who would sell their nan for a couple grand

someone I know asked me to do a EICR fast "as a favour" . Turns out he has had a 2 bed flat re decorated and was hoping he might be able to skip past the electrics and gas . But gas was fine and £75 later he has a GS cert and all is well.

Then I turn up....and its a nightmare for him . Needs Consumer (plastic above front door) , and lots more . Gets angry as I wont let him have a "ticket to rent" . I hand keys back. Next morning after I spoke to the letting agency . Sure as hell he rocks up with a EICR thats "all good" . Letting agency Bins him as a customer which I applaud and they then send a copy of the EICR to the guys scheme and council etc . Now the EICR guy might be "genuine" but a fool .Or I would guess he is a "Drive buy " who has software almost 90 % pre filled and he bangs in date and details .

I hope you got paid but can see this being one of those situations where the customer refuses?

The annual rent is £18400 and he wants a 2 year contract . The work needed would add up to £730.00 max .But he wont care and I always have a habit of hating bad landlords that think its ok to skimp over possible safety issues and have Tenants moaning that stuff wont work etc . He now has to Find a new Agency and have the work done .Possible delay ...maybe a month min . What a waster .
£730....so that's 2 weeks rent for a 2 bed flat?
Where abouts, Mayfair?

I have been asked plenty times to issue a satisfactory Eirc on a property that I have had a quick look round and I know full well won't be safe to rent out so I pass on the Eicr right from the get go

I honestly don't need the £650 that badly that I would falsify an Eicr for a properly where I know that the electrical installation is unsafe

But I know plenty of sparks for a few hundred quid will issue a bogus Eicr and think nothing of it

There are plenty crocked people out there who would sell their nan for a couple grand
I have it on reliable grounds there is a 'spark' in the Bristol area in and around Barton Hill who will issue a satisfactory EICR for a property no questions asked for cash payment. he uses a fake name or copies another firms details... so no come back to him. The somali community in Bristol is quite insular and some of the properties are damn right unsafe, the landlords dont care and always find a way to fiddle the system to avoid repairs etc..

I have it on reliable grounds there is a 'spark' in the Bristol area in and around Barton Hill who will issue a satisfactory EICR for a property no questions asked for cash payment. he uses a fake name or copies another firms details... so no come back to him. The somali community in Bristol is quite insular and some of the properties are damn right unsafe, the landlords dont care and always find a way to fiddle the system to avoid repairs etc..
Yep.... I knew of one Corgi guy years ago that sold "books" of landlords certs for £50 each .He was making huge money .Then one day .Something happened and he was off to sunny spain same day

Sounds like the letting agent takes their "duty of care" seriously which has to be applauded, the problem is not all letting agents have the same morels
No doubt the scheme will do nothing regarding the complaint as the letting agent is not the customer / client requesting the work, for me if the scheme do nothing I would suggest the letting agent elevate the complaint to UKAS who authorise the schemes to operate
As for the landlord what a ----er

Reply to Someones in trouble....! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net