Discuss Soundproofing question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I would like to put foam acoustic panels all over the walls and ceiling of a room to soundproof it, here are the panels:
View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/A2S-Protection-Acoustic-Soundproofing-Fireproof/dp/B01GAMP2S6/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=fireproof+acoustic+foam&qid=1590420176&sr=8-9

The room has a water metre and gas metre (though there are no gas appliances in the property) in it.

I was going to use this to attach the panels to the walls / ceilings:
View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Everbuild-CONSPRAY5-Stick-Contact-Adhesive/dp/B0012RZA3C/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1LSE5SCODZ852&dchild=1&keywords=stick+2+contact+adhesive&qid=1590420394&quartzVehicle=72-1783&replacementKeywords=stick+contact+adhesive&sprefix=stick+2+%2Caps%2C149&sr=8-2

I have attached some pictures to help with your verdict.

We have lived at the property for 2 years and the only problem has been mould and damp.

My question is is it safe to install these panels??

Many many thanks for your help!

Olie

Attachments

• Soundproofing question IMG_20200524_094115 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_20200524_094115.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 40
  • Soundproofing question IMG_20200524_094143 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_20200524_094143.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 40
I think you had better say what is you plan to do in there first as to whether it is safe. No hanky panky I hope? Shame about the chair though a beautiful example of exquisite workmanship.../sigh. Anyway no I would say there is no fire protection for under the stairs and the likelihood of increasing the hazard is high with foam. Plus you have gas there so I would say a potential fire hazard of the highest order especially if you are thinking sound studio with electrical equipment.

I think you had better say what is you plan to do in there first as to whether it is safe. No hanky panky I hope? Shame about the chair though a beautiful example of exquisite workmanship.../sigh. Anyway no I would say there is no fire protection for under the stairs and the likelihood of increasing the hazard is high with foam. Plus you have gas there so I would say a potential fire hazard of the highest order especially if you are thinking sound studio with electrical equipment.

Hi Vortigern,

Thanks so much for your quick reply, super helpful!!
Hahaha yes a music studio, mostly for drum kit practice.
Ah well it's for the best. I just wanted to check, the foam panels say they're fireproof, in their description it says they're Grade 2 Usa standard (?) Does that have any bearing on things?
Once again, really appreciate your professional advice!!

also doing that would spoil the fun of annoying the neighbours , playing drums at mega decibels. :p :p :p

You've got what looks like a boarded out wall with a hollow void where the water meter is, and plain wooden stairs above so I doubt that you would achieve much in the way of soundproofing.

anyway, playing the drums in a confined space, you end up like Brian Johnson (we're not worthy), almost deaf.

Ah well it's for the best. I just wanted to check, the foam panels say they're fireproof, in their description it says they're Grade 2 Usa standard (?) Does that have any bearing on things?

In the info on the site it does state:

Product Information
Ideal to SOUNDPROOF: Recording Studios, vocal booths, home entertainment theaters and control rooms | Notification: The acoustic panels are FIREPROOF grade2 according to the USA standards (They do not fuel a fire).. They stop burning after the fire source fading.

Reply to Soundproofing question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock