Discuss space generous cctv dome cams in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Are you installing the POE injectors at the camera location?
Can't you install them at the system end? or use a POE Switch, if the CCTV systems doesn't have POE outputs on the internal network switch.
(or have I miss understood what you're trying to achieve?)

Are you installing the POE injectors at the camera location?
Can't you install them at the system end? or use a POE Switch, if the CCTV systems doesn't have POE outputs on the internal network switch.
(or have I miss understood what you're trying to achieve?)
the cams in the link in original post- had a bulky 'poe' connection attached to the rear of the cam that my cat5 plugged into- it was too big to just be hidden in the cam base so I had to hide in a surface box with the camera screw on top

I am after a kit that that doesn't have this problem and I can screw the cam direct to the brick with the cat5 entering from the rear.

Mmm... that seems to defeat the object of POE (which normally reduces the need for power supply at the camera position)
I saw the spec. mentions "power supply - DC 12v or built in POE" so I'd assumed from that description that the network lead would carry the power unless you hadn't got POE and had to mount the DC power supply locally.
The last one's I installed had two short cables, one for the network (& POE) and the other for the optional 12v.
But they were "bullet" cameras not domes.

Reply to space generous cctv dome cams in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock